How to sew two duvets together
Wash pillows and duvets - what do I have to pay attention to?
Stretch out comfortably, bury your head contentedly between the pillows and breathe in the scent of fresh bed linen - what could be nicer? Because pillows, duvets and all other bedding become more and more dirty over time, the longed-for feeling of freshness is quickly gone.
We have summarized for you what you can do to make your bed clean and inviting again.
What makes the bedding so unsavory?
- Sweat: The body loses almost two liters of moisture per night. The vapors are reflected in the laundry - unpleasant smells spread over time.
- Hair: They get tangled up on the surface of pillows and fitted sheets. The hair in bed is not exactly tempting.
- House dust mites: The little pests feed on our dander. Many people develop an allergy to their feces in pillows and duvet covers.
- Bacteria and molds: The microorganisms spread inside pillows and duvets. In the long term, they can weaken our immune system.
How to properly care for your bedding
It is not entirely possible to prevent the bedding from getting dirtier and dirtier from night to night. But there are a few simple steps you can take to keep your laundry feeling fresh. Just take note of our tips below:
- Ventilate regularly: As soon as you get up, you should open your duvet and remove the pillows from the mattress. Then the filling can dry again. If you sweat heavily, you should hang the sheets over a clothes horse to air.
- Shake everything vigorously: In order to promote the bulking power, the blanket should be shaken briefly every day. The stored moisture disappears faster.
- Change bed linen: We recommend cleaning the covers in the washing machine about every two weeks. You can wash decorative pillows and blankets only once a month.
- Brush off stains: Superficial dirt should always be brushed off immediately.
- Do not cut labels: Even years later, the laundry slip provides valuable information on how to care for the textiles.
Can you wash pillows and duvets?
In order for the bedding to stay beautiful for a long time, it is important to thoroughly clean blankets and pillows from time to time. If the bedding allows it (note the label), going to the washing machine usually helps. When doing this, you should note the following:
Does it all fit in the washing machine?
Cushions fit easily into the drum. Even if the maximum capacity has not yet been reached, it is better to wash each pillow separately. A normal feather bed also fits perfectly in a modern commercial washing machine. But be careful: duvets with a width of 155 cm or more are critical. Because the filling must not be excessively squashed, you should rather bring larger blankets or down comforters to a professional dry cleaner.
Wide duvets do not fit in the washing machine. However, there are a few ways you can still get it clean:
1st possibility: For example, send the bedding to the dry cleaner. After a few days you will receive everything back hygienically clean. If that is too expensive for you, you can also go to a traditional laundromat. The large machines have an immense capacity and can withstand up to 12 kilos.
2nd possibility: your own bathtub. Wash your large blanket in your own bathtub with warm water and some shampoo. Then wring everything out well and let the blanket dry in the fresh air. Shake the laundry properly and loosen it up again and again. If you place a fan in front of the clothesline, you can optimize drying.
How often should i wash the bedding?
Washable blankets and pillows should be cleaned once or twice a year. Products made from silk or animal hair usually require far less care because the natural fibers have a so-called self-cleaning effect. If the outer shell is dirty, we recommend cleaning these products.
Do I have to pre-treat stains?
Do you want to wash your duvet because it is very dirty? It is best to pre-treat the individual stains with curd soap or gall soap.
At what temperature do I wash bedding?
High temperatures ensure cleanliness - but not every material can withstand the heat. Check the laundry label to see how many degrees are okay in the washing machine.
Which detergent should I use?
Basically, a mild detergent such as mild detergent or wool detergent should be used. Optical brighteners (as found in heavy-duty detergents) or even chlorine bleach are taboo. Please follow the instructions on the care label. If your duvet is made of down or feathers, a gentle down detergent is useful.
Powder or liquid detergent?
Take a liquid detergent or the novel pods. With powder it can happen that the granules clump together with the fibers, feathers or down.
Is fabric softener okay?
No. Whether you want to wash a synthetic duvet, down comforter or a down pillow - fabric softener damages the filling and causes the inside to clump together.
Which washing program is the right one?
Modern washing machines often have a special program for bedding or pillows. If you cannot find your own washing program on the machine, select a gentle wash cycle. The program for delicates or wool, for example, is nice and mild.
Should i rinse?
An additional rinse cycle ensures that even very small residues of dirt and detergent are rinsed out. In this respect, the extra rinse makes sense.
What about the spin cycle?
A light spin is usually fine. In order not to damage the fibers or feathers, however, a spin cycle with a low speed should be selected.
Can duvets and pillows be put in the dryer?
That depends entirely on the material. Many fibers (including down and feathers) are suitable for tumble drying or can at least be dried slightly in advance in the tumble dryer.
Why do I need a tennis ball?
A tennis ball can be put in the dryer for an optimal result. It pats the bedding thoroughly and increases the bulk of the fibers. Up to three clean tennis balls are useful, for example, to effectively dry a large down comforter. However, the balls make a lot of noise when drying.
Clean special pillows
In addition to conventional 40 × 80 cm or 80 × 80 cm pillows for bedding, there are other types of pillows that need cleaning from time to time. Whether cozy decorative and sofa cushions or the ergonomic neck support pillow - these can usually be freshened up again.
Can you wash decorative and sofa cushions?
The correct care of decorative pillows also includes regular cleaning. Because they are mostly filled with synthetic fibers, a gentle wash cycle in the machine is okay, provided the washing label allows it. We recommend washing the filling and cover separately. In the case of large sofa cushions, it is usually not possible to machine wash them. This is where practical care sets for textiles and leather help.
Can I wash a neck support pillow?
The stable inner workings made of latex, visco foam (softgel) or gelax core are usually not washable. The cotton or polyester cover, however, does. The cover can be easily removed and can usually be put in the washing machine at 60 degrees. Then place the cover in the tumble dryer to dry or hang it up.
Can you wash a cherry stone pillow or a grape seed pillow?
Such a pillow also has to be washed thoroughly every now and then. Remove the cores and wash the cover (usually made of cotton) in the machine. Gentle hand washing is also conceivable.
A little material knowledge about the different fillings
One look at the label is enough to find out what material your pillow or duvet is filled with. The individual care of your laundry is based on this.
How to wash pillows and blankets ...
... down and feathers
Whether down comforters, duvets or down pillows - the natural interior can withstand astonishingly high temperatures. Usually 60 degrees are possible without any problems, but you can't go wrong with 40 degrees. Use a special down detergent for the best results. If that is not at hand, a mild shampoo can just as easily be used for the delicate down. Choose a wash cycle without high speed - otherwise the pressure and moisture could break the keels.
Pillows and duvets made of down or feathers can be dried in the dryer; But don't forget the tennis balls. They ensure that the high-quality down does not stick together.
Tip: Check the surface of the down comforter and down pillow for small cracks in advance and mend them if necessary. Otherwise the fine down could escape during washing.
... microfibre or polyester (softfill, polyacrylic or polyamide)
Synthetic fibers are undemanding. They can usually be washed at 60 degrees on a gentle cycle. The pillows or duvets can then be put in the dryer (gentle drying). Dry cleaning is also possible.
... Lyocell or Tencel
The synthetic fibers are easy to wash at a low temperature (40 degrees). But: duvets and pillows with this filling are often not allowed in the dryer! Note the label.
... animal hair (camel down hair or cashmere)
Such materials have one advantage: Due to their natural properties, they hardly accept any dirt. Conversely, however, you have to know that they cannot be washed in the washing machine at home.
Tip: To freshen up the fine fibers, pillows with animal hair can be tumble-dried at a low temperature. Then add a washcloth moistened with water. Then "breathe" everything in the air and let it evaporate.
This filling material is also not washable. You have to know, however, that tussah silk hardly collects dirt and that dust mites or fungi do not feel comfortable in silk either. A duvet with a silk filling can be sent to the dry cleaner if necessary.
- How to convert lra to hp
- What is Cl 16255
- What do short-toed eagles eat monkeys
- Lawhat Mafatih Google Chrome
- No mercy band, where are they now
- Inductosyn in cnc what is programmed
- How to Play Radica Solitaire Handheld Game
- Mini Whoodles British Columbia
- What does unifying the topic mean
- Kerala girls WhatsApp photos
- How to cut a horizontal branch
- How to open a c-p7u cartridge adapter
- When was Spencer Pickren born
- A splash of orange while cooking crabs
- How it works napalm meaning
- How to Escape Your Jail Testament Group
- Animal Husbandry Wholesale Australia Fashion
- Nftables nat how to basic
- Howrse cheats horn by a lot of Fuellhorn
- How to get to 212 cm
- Zuerich Universitaet How attractive are you
- Zeerust Maedchen WhatsApp group
- What do goldsmith beetles eat
- What website to watch Filipino movies
- Jim Sciutto, how tall Abraham was
- 150 grams correspond to the number of milliliters
- Corinna Fugate Rose Mercury whereabouts
- How to order gibbles potato chips online
- What is black T&C pipe
- Rafael Olarra Gourmet Selection Wholesale
- Awho Mansarovar Yojna Lucknow
- Where is Akira Hatae now
- How to use gpgdragon rx tx cable
- What does Azizam mean in Farsi