How to fix ylod ps3 60gb
Heat death on Playstation 3: the reasons and what to do
The affected Playstation 3 belongs to the first generation with a 60 gigabyte hard drive, downward compatibility, memory card slots and high energy consumption. Since the first day of sale on March 27, 2007, the console, which used to cost € 599, has been well ventilated on the cupboard and has been doing its job regularly. The warranty period has long been exceeded when the Playstation suddenly stops operating in May 2010 and the racing game “Need for Speed - Shift” is no longer released.
Only symbolically: In reality, the PS3 does not smoke and you usually hardly see the flaws on the processor.
YLOD - what is it?
The phenomenon has a name: YLOD stands for Yellow Light Of Death. The PS3 performs a hardware self-test when it starts up. The yellow light signals a defect. The most common reason for this: The thermal load causes cracks and thus interruptions at the soldered joints. Components such as the processors are mostly intact. Connoisseurs immediately think of the Xbox 360 counterpart, which became famous under the names Red Ring Of Death (RROD for short), ROD or Red Lights Of Death (RLOD). Technically, the Microsoft console is also plagued by the soldering tin problem.
Economy repair: hair dryer
Actually, it is sufficient to heat the defective area selectively until the solder liquefies again. In the cold state, the defective contact is restored - at least in theory. There are numerous instructions in forums and on YouTube. Unfortunately, the repair often doesn't last and the next console failure is only a matter of time. There is also the risk of destroying even more with hair dryer & Co. Such self-tests also make professional YLOD repairs more difficult. So: Stay away from this measure!
Standard repair: reflow process
In the so-called reflow process, professionals treat the affected component with the heating method and clean the console at the same time. The costs are between 60 and 100 euros. There is seldom a guarantee. There is still a risk that the solder joints will give way again when the processor is heated up during gaming. If the defect occurs again within a certain period of time (about one to four weeks), some companies will reimburse the money or carry out a free repair.
“Premium” repair: BGA reballing
Ball Grid Array, or BGA for short. The solder balls align themselves with the grid of the contact points of the processor.
The so-called BGA reballing is more complex (see picture on the left). During the repair, the experts remove the old soldering tin from the cell processor and RSX graphics chip, clean the components and apply new solder balls (reballing). Allegedly, the new solder can cope better with the temperature differences. BGA reballing providers are rare and expensive. The company Konsolendoktor from Vienna charges 120 euros, but gives a three to six month guarantee depending on the condition of the console (fall damage) and previous history (hair dryer repairs). For this reason, the defective PS3 set off for Vienna, just under 1,000 kilometers away. Due to the approximately two-week transport, the procedure dragged on over 40 days. Since then, the Playstation 3 has been running without any problems. All data and scores were retained and the game Blu-ray "NfS - Shift" is back in action.
The photo gallery gives you an impression of the BGA reballing of a Playstation 3. The process is also used to repair graphics cards.
Playstation 3: YLOD repair - this is how BGA reballing worksIs the Playstation 3 Slim also affected?
The YLOD problem mainly affects the first generations of Playstation with 60, 40 and 80 gigabyte hard drives. The slim variant occasionally struggles with defects in the power supply unit. Broken solder joints are not a problem. However, the devices have not been in service as long as the models currently affected. (mh)
»All information: This is what Playstation Plus offers
»Sony's press conference at E3 2010
»Moving: Playstation Move
»All information: PS3 40 GB | 80 GB | 160 GB
- Google howden courier co uk
- Kodak disposable camera like many pictures
- How do police speed traps work
- What does questionable mean best
- The image is displayed when you move the mouse pointer over the image tooltip
- Who is George Green Investment Banker
- Power Ranger Ninja Storm Lothor Wikihow
- M111 motor rattles when it is cold
- How to break great nature Talonro
- Celebrities who live in New York State
- Where is Bakone Malapa
- Where to buy thymol iodide powder
- What does the cosmic owl representations
- How to catch tancho koi sims 3
- Meftal Spas in times of inflation
- How to make carpenter bee butter
- Different zones when drilling a well
- What is Hercule Poirot drinking
- Al-Bukhari Scholarship Malaysia, When It Will Be Awarded
- Raj and Howard kiss machine
- Whoosh Effect Bodybuilding Diet
- What is lack of capital in accounting
- What are you doing here the oc
- Planet garland nowhere to hide book
- HP 704220 001 how to install
- Where are Giani Bernini handbags made
- Kodak disposable camera like many pictures
- How to make a helical canine spreader
- When does the Feltham police station close?
- Dangers of aspartame when heating kclo3
- Which is better Silcoon or Cascoon and Silcoon
- How to cut stainless steel cable trays