How to restore iphone 3gs with redsn0w
Jailbreak and unlock iOS 4.2.1 with redsn0w 0.9.6b5
Redsn0w 0.9.6b5 jailbreaks iOS 4.2.1 also offers the additional option of installing baseband firmware that can be unlocked for the iPhone 3GS and iPhone 3G. For other iOS devices, redsn0w 0.9.6b5 will simply jailbreak the device, but some models will jailbreak it.
It is very important to remember that the 06.15 baseband update required for an update is irreversible for iPhone 3GS and iPhone 3G and will void your iPhone warranty with Apple. This is currently the only way to unlock the basebands 05.14 and 05.15. Proceed at your own risk.
How to jailbreak and unlock iPhone 3GS and iPhone 3G with iOS 4.2.1 and Redsn0w 0.9.6b5
If you are wondering how to use redsn0w to jailbreak and unlock, you have come to the right guide. This is a two step process, first jailbreak your iPhone with redsn0w and update the baseband, and then unlock the iPhone 3GS or iPhone 3G with Ultrasn0w 1.2 Unlock.
- Download redsn0w 0.9.6b5 or download redsn0w 0.9.6b6 for Mac or Windows
- Download iOS 4.2.1 IPSW which matches the hardware you want to jailbroken
- After downloading redsn0w and the IPSW file, start redsn0w 0.9.6b5 (Windows users need to run redsn0w as administrator in XP compatibility mode)
- Click on "Browse"
- Select the downloaded IPSW file that corresponds to your iOS device
- Jailbreak only: On the next screen, choose that you want to install Cydia
- Unlock & Jailbreak: Choose to install Cydia and also choose to install iPad Baseband (this works with iPhone 3GS and iPhone 3G)
- If you've selected the iPad baseband, you'll see a warning message asking you to check if you want to install the baseband update. This will void your warranty and will not allow you to downgrade or restore the update
- Click Yes if you want to break down and understand the implications of losing your warranty and constantly updating your baseband
- Now follow the instructions in redsn0w to jailbreak and unlock the iPhone, switch it off, connect the iPhone to your computer and click on "next"
- Follow the instructions, put your iPhone into DFU mode by holding the Home and Power buttons for 10 seconds, then release the power button and hold the Home button for another 3 seconds
- The iPhone screen may be blinking
- Click "Finish" and the device will be jailbroken, if you install the 06.15 baseband this will be installed as well
- NOTE: It is a good idea to manually restart iPhone before trying to use Cydia
Now that the iPhone is jailbroken, you have to unlock iPhone with Ultrasn0w 1.2 :
- Once your iPhone has restarted, launch the newly installed Cydia
- Tap "Manage" then "Sources"
- Tap on "Edit"
- Tap Add and enter the following URL for a repository: http://repo666.ultrasn0w.com
- Then tap "Add Source"
- Cydia will now update its sources
- Look for "ultrasn0w 1.2" in Cydia
- Download and install Ultrasn0w 1.2 and restart your iPhone, this will unlock your iPhone 3GS and iPhone 3G
- Enjoy your unlocked iPhone
If you followed the instructions correctly, you now have an unlocked iPhone and you can use it on other carriers. Devices that cannot be unlocked will simply be jailbroken, some of which may be tied. You can read the difference between Tethered Jailbreak vs Untethered Jailbreak, but essentially a tethered jailbreak requires you to connect your iPhone in order to boot the jailbreak device and use things like Cydia and Safari.
For Windows 7 and Vista users, you should run redsn0w as an administrator in "Windows XP Compatability Mode" if you encounter any errors by right-clicking the redsn0w application and selecting XP Compatability.
Update: redsn0w 0.9.6b6 has been released and anyone who wants to unlock iPhone 3GS or iPhone 3G should use this version instead as it provides better battery life.
- How to Learn Hindu Black Magic
- 1 small apple corresponds to the number of grapes
- Yeats quote what atherosclerosis is
- Perfect world monster wiki on how to breed
- Sheffield 12007 Binding Instructions
- Plastic fertilizer bags wholesale
- Howie Style Lab Coat UK Basketball
- How to render hd images in mixer
- What does it mean to drop the carriers
- Collapsible control panel to move the scroll bar
- How to set up call forwarding at Magicjack
- How to get different hairstyles in huniepop
- How nim chimpsky changed my mind
- Climatyzator dachowy olmo bicycles
- Who speaks justice in afro samurai costumes
- Organic products wholesale Australia fashion
- When is Pine City Stoebern sale
- How to distribute groceries to open supermarkets
- What is Gizmodo Rss Feed URL
- Air layer wikihow cover
- What's in my purse of hope esme
- How to correct colors in Photoshop CS6
- Wigilijne przepisy ewy wachowicz obiad
- The Man Out of Nowhere Summary Bernard Smith