Holic suffix means someone who
Part of speech: suffixHyphenation:
- -is, Plural: -is | th
- IPA: [ɪst]
- 1) Word formation element of masculine nouns with the meaning of exercising an activity or a profession, according to the noun + pattern -is
- 2) Word formation element of masculine nouns with the meaning of belonging to an intellectual or cultural current, mostly in combination with foreign language stems
- 3) Word formation element of masculine nouns with the meaning of belonging to a certain group, mostly in combination with foreign-language word stems
- 1) -er
- 1) He's a warehouseis in a large company.
- 2) In his youth he was staunch socialis.
- 3) Bears are food generalare. They eat everything from moose to insects to berries, honey and grass.
- see also:Thesaurus: -ist
- 1) Chronicler, humorist, gallery owner, cabaret artist, warehouse clerk, machinist, policeman
- 1) Names for musicians:Bassist, cellist, bassoonist, flutist, harpist, horn player, clarinetist, organist, pianist, saxophonist, soloist, tuba player
- 2) Chauvinist, fundamentalist, impressionist, capitalist, communist, racist, socialist
- 3) Finalist, generalist, cavalryman, coup leader, specialist
- English: -is
- French: -ist
- is, eats
Entries from our dictionary containing "-ist":
police officer: ... and is a regression to the police by replacing the suffix -ei with the suffix -is Feminine forms: 1) Policewoman Synonyms: 1) Police officer ...
composer: Century attested; Deriving from the stem of the verb to compose with the derivative -is synonyms: 1) tone composer, tone poet Opposite words: 1) interpreter, singer Superordinate terms: 1) artist, music Examples of use: 1) Mozart and Beethoven were well-known composers
Pseudolist: ... Derivation from the stem of the noun pseudolism with the derivative (derivative morpheme) - is application examples: 1) "This includes the knowledge of the pseudolist about ...
Islamist: ... Derivation of an adjective for the noun Islam with the derivative morphemes -is and -isch Opposite words: 1) anti-Islamic superordinate terms: 1) ...
Consumerist: ... someone who suffers from a consumption addiction Origin of the term: of consumption and the ending -is analogous to words like morphinist Opposite words: activist Superordinate terms: ...
Rate & Share
Rate the dictionary entry or share it with friends.
Quote & print
Quote this page:
"-Ist" in the online dictionary Wortbedeutung.info (17.5.2021) URL: https://www.wortbedeutung.info/-ist/
Comments from users
There are currently no comments on this entry.
Complete the dictionary entry
Wortscheutung.info is a Language dictionary and is used to look up all linguistic information. It's explicit not an encyclopedia and no subject dictionary that explains content. You can add comments such as examples of use or hints on the use of the term "-ist" and thus help to improve our dictionary. Questions, requests for help and complaints are not welcome and will be deleted immediately. HTML tags are not allowed.
The following terms
-it (German) Part of speech: Suffix Hyphenation: -it Pronunciation / stress: IPA: [iːt] Word meaning / definition: 1)…
-itas -itās (Latin) part of speech: suffix, (feminine) variant forms: -tās hyphenation: -i | tās Word meaning / definition: ...
-itate (Interlingua) Part of speech: Suffix Hyphenation: -i | ta | te, plural: -i | ta | tes Word meaning / definition: 1) Suffix ...
-iter (Latin) Part of Speech: Suffix Meaning / Definition: 1) Suffix to form adverbs from adjectives, usually ...
-ition (German) Part of speech: suffix variant forms: -ation, -ion, -tion Note: '-ion' is a ...
-it is (German) Part of speech: Bound lexeme Hyphenation: -i | tis plural: -i | ti | the pronunciation / stress: IPA:…
-itus (Latin) Part of speech: Suffix Hyphenation: -itus Word meaning / Definition: 1) Suffix of the perfect participle…
-itz (German) Part of speech: Base word of place name Hyphenation: -itz Pronunciation / Emphasis: IPA: […]…
-ity (German) Part of speech: Suffix Note: for adjectives that can end in -ell and -al, always -al (e.g. special, ...
-iv (German) Part of speech: Suffix No longer valid spellings: -if Hyphenation: -iv Word meaning / definition: ...
-year-old See also: year-year, year-old (German) Part of speech: Bound lexeme Increases: Positive-year, comparative ...
- What is my NCsecu routing number
- What happened to Anna and Caiapha's relationship
- Chow King Dothan Alabama Prize
- How much does a 15h horse weigh
- Leo Howard shakes kisses
- What does Tick Womp
- What an avant-garde clan are you
- Wholesale vs. Retail Apparel Franchise
- Mia what is means of grace
- What happened on October 27, 1982 Sahara
- What does it mean to cultivate a field
- How to find pcnf and pdnf
- Princess, what is her namescript
- Steering wheel for ps4 cheap wholesale
- Car beeps when I use turn signals
- What does Nerissa Mohammed
- Very nice when you cry actresses
- How did konrad spindler diego
- Tawakkaltu alaika ya rabbi like lou
- What color is the bicarbonate display
- Stars who died in 1995
- Anonymous officer how to join
- Where is fr. Peter Balili in 2015
- What does kanungo eteko