How to Cook Frozen Tang Yuan
Lantern Festival tangyuan soup recipe
- 65 minutes
- Preparation: 45 minutes,
- Cook: 20 minutes
- Yield: 20-23 Tangyuan (5 servings)
From Liv Wan
Updated 8/24/17to press
Chinese and Taiwanese people eat tangyuan (湯圓) during the Yuanxiao Festival, commonly known as the Lantern Festival and Winter Solstice Festival (冬至). Some families have a tradition of eating tangyuan during the Chinese New Year.
Tangyuan or Yuanxiao
People in southern China tend to call this dish Tangyuan, while people in northern China prefer to call this dish Yuanxiao (元宵). There are many different types of fillings and pastries that you can use for this dish so it has a wide variety of flavors available. You can prepare this dish with a sweet filling, e.g. B. sweet ground sesame, ground peanut, red bean paste, or even taro. Today, many chefs will even add rose or chocolate to Tangyuan to satisfy the modern, sweeter taste. There are also many different ingredients for making the pastry including pumpkin, taro, sweet potato, green tea, and many others. You can experiment with different types of ingredients at home and find the perfect combination for you and your family's tastes.
This recipe is a tangy tangyuan flavor. The filling is pork with shallots and spring onions. This dish is served with some green veggies like bak choy and you can use veggies or chicken broth for the soup which will further add to the flavor of this dish.
How to cook it
The correct way to cook tangyuan is to boil it in boiling water and once it is cooked, serve it with a clear soup broth. The brother can balance the taste of the sweet filling.
There are also unfilled Tangyuan, which are also cooked in boiling water. However, we serve this with a ginger-infused syrup, red bean soup, black sesame soup, fermented sticky rice, and sweet osmanthus soup. My personal favorite is to serve this with red bean soup. You can also fry unfilled Tangyuan and brush with peanut and powdered sugar after cooking. Deep fried tangyuan coated with ground peanut and powdered sugar is a very popular dessert in Taiwanese wedding banquets as this dish has a meaning of the couple's perfect love and blessings.
When properly pronounced, Tangyuan also has a meaning of family reunification. So when we eat Tangyuan, we think of our friends and family who work or live far away.
What you will need
- For the pastry:
- 1 pound / 400 g glutinous rice flour (糯米 粉)
- 1 tablespoon of potato starch (太白粉, available in the Chinese supermarket)
- 1 cup / 200 ml water
- 3/4 ounces / 20 g of oil
- For the filling:
- 1/2 pound / 250g ground pork (I suggest you use a little lard or pork belly as the filling tastes a bit softer and nicer if you have a little fat in it)
- 1 ounce / 30g deep fried shallots
- 1 spring onion (finely chop)
- 1 thin slice of ginger (finely chop)
- Spices for the filling:
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of sugar
- 2 pinches of ground white pepper
How to do it
Process for the pastry of Tangyuan
- Mix and knead everything until smooth.
- Take 15% of the mixture and separate into 2 or 3 small balls and flatten them by hand. Boil some water in a small saucepan and cook these flattened mixtures until they float on the water.
- Mix the cooked mixture together with the other raw mixture and separate the mixture into 25g small balls.
Procedure for Tangyuan
- Mix all ingredients and spices for the filling evenly and let rest for 20 minutes.
- Separate the filling into small balls and freeze them firmly (it is easier to do tangyuan if the filling is hard).
- Use the batter to cover the filling and make it look like a round shape.
- Boil some water to cook the tangyuan and when they float on the water they will boil.
- Use another stock pot to cook the stock while the tangyuan cooks and add some chopped celery and dried shallots to the stock and season the stock with a little salt and sesame oil.
- Add the tangyuan to the soup and cook for another 1 minute. You can also add some veggies to the soup like bok choy or any green veggies.
- Andy Bernard, what I hate about you
- How to catch Moltres in Pokemon Yellow
- Karmart Wholesale Malaysia Fashion
- What does appropriate development mean
- Basic punctuation spacing rules when typing
- Who fights ufc 162 fully
- Lks ligota centrum futbolowo wietrzychowice
- What time is 0100z time
- Kit for the amplification of the entire genome qiagen maxi
- Expiry date for healthy farms
- How to hack the school intranet
- How did Alan Romanelli die
- Chewbacca, what a wookie text search
- What does vesperial salutation mean?
- What is brewer's yeast in Hindi
- What can a terminal alkyne pka deprotonate
- How to open aep files
- Hanumanthaiah Committee of the Whole
- What is standard curve chemistry
- Rabindra nritya dress up whoever
- Plastic bags wholesale in the Philippines
- Howard Cohen Temple Beth Hillel Religious School
- What does Betty do with false laboratory security
- J roc trailers know what is being said
- What does poetics of relationship mean
- Lil Bug clothing wholesale
- How are you today replies yahoo comquestionindex
- How many pg medical seats in karnataka
- Burrata cheese how to make
- How Singapore Erp System Works
- How to get to tikamgarh madhya pradesh india
- How to root gt n7000 xxlsaxs
- Albert grimaldi c & s wholesale grocer chester ny