Kd long everywhere, but chords rise here
Enter a chord into the virtual guitar fretboard
Working with the Chord Analyzer
Inversions, Slash Chords (chord / bass note)
After entering a chord into the fretboard grid, the note on the lowest string is considered the root note.
With the button Inversions and Slash Chord (Inversions) you navigate through the list of the different chord interpretations. The corresponding chord symbol is displayed above and the display of the notes or intervals on the chord points on the fretboard is adjusted accordingly.
When interpreting as a slash chord, not only the bass note is added to the chord symbol: the interval that the bass note forms the root note (e.g. 6, 7, 9, etc.) is then no longer mentioned separately in the chord symbol * C.maj7 (9)/D. (shorter Cmaj9/D.) has the 9 as the bass note and then becomes just C.maj7/D. written.
*) If you prefer to write out the chord in full length, you can of course also write the full chord symbol of the preferred inversion on the music sheet in front of the slash.
Which interpretation is the right one?
Usually it is the variant with the shortest, simplest chord symbol. But you always have to ask yourself which note a bassist would play with the chord (even if no one is actually playing) - this bass note can be interpreted as the root note of the chord.
If the bass note corresponds to the lowest note of the fingering, but the resulting chord symbol is too complex, illegible or theoretically not very useful, there is often a simpler interpretation than a slash chord (chord-slash-bass note).
Tip: if the low E-string is not played, you can use it on the analyzer to set different bass tones and then listen to the result (the audio function can only be used to a limited extent on some mobile devices, however).
Change the sign of the root
With the button, for example, an Abm7 can be turned into a G # m7. If the keynote has no accidental (e.g. Gm7), the button has no effect. When entering a chord (or any change) on the fingerboard, the Chord Analyzer first chooses whether the variant with b or # is displayed for a root with a sign. Root tones with a flat sign are preferred, unless the corresponding root note with # has fewer accidentals in the chord (because, for example, double accidentals are avoided).
Danger! This button only applies to the Keynote the currently selected inversion. The signs of the other notes are calculated according to the function in the chord. There can also be different types of signs within a chord. That's how it is with an Eb7(#9) the # 9 an F # and not Gb (that would be the minor third).
Double signs and Cb, Fb, B #, E #
By default, tones with a double sign or the tones Cb, Fb, B # and E # are labeled with their enharmonic confusion, which is much easier to read in practice. E.g. E instead of Fb, G instead of F ##. Strictly speaking, this is incorrect, but it is more practical. With this button double signs and Cb, Fb, B #, E # a precise chord analysis can be activated. The labeling of the button is adapted to the sign mode (bb or ##) - this has no effect on the functionality!
In the notation, the pound sign is shown with a special character similar to an x. Because of the simpler spelling in simple text, in forums, etc. ## is used here.
Spot information (display on the handle points)
The button Notes intervals Determines whether the fingering points (spots) in the chord diagram show the note names or the intervals relative to the root note. If an inversion is chosen or the chord is interpreted as a slash chord (see above), then notes (e.g. C # instead of Db) and intervals (root = 1) adapt.
With the Up / Down Buttons can be used to slide the entered chord up and down along the fingerboard. If it doesn't go any further down (left), there may be a note on an open string (0th fret) in play, which in this case has to be removed.
With the Play-Button can be heard the whole chord. The notes are played from the bottom to the top string one after the other. Unfortunately, many mobile devices cannot play multiple sound files on a website (which is not a problem with apps).
Why only standard tuning?
The Oolimo chord generator and analyzer is a professional tool for people who not only want to look up a few chords quickly, but also want to understand harmonic relationships in order to achieve the greatest possible freedom on the guitar fretboard.
The more you understand such relationships, the easier it is to apply your findings to every imaginable open tuning.
What distinguishes the Oolimo Analyzer from other "Reverse Chord Finders"?
The special algorithm delivers syntactically correct chord symbols even with the most complex chords (even if the chord does not sound good to your own liking or the rules of harmony speak against a certain combination of tones / intervals.
What notation does Oolimo use for chord symbols?
Oolimo is based on the system most commonly used at Berklee College Of Music. However, the following are avoided:
- Abbreviations like C9 instead of C7(9) or Gsus9 instead of G7sus4(9), because all components of the chord are easier to recognize even for those less theoretically experienced.
- Special characters like ∆7 for maj7 or ∅ for m7b5, as these characters are not available everywhere.
- Wholesale shop fittings displays
- Wholesale Ufuma handbags
- Trini man beats girlfriend if he finds one
- How to remove browns from axillary laser
- Who gmp certification ppt template
- What really matters is John Ortberg's review
- How to wear fmf pin picture
- How to find solar north
- Linq where not in another table
- Sinski Navigator 150 specifies Howard
- GMC engine stops when Garcinia is stopped
- Lns bar feeder alerts when reloading
- How to Fix Xbox 360 Filezilla FTP
- Stupid stupid stupid who is stupid
- How to read narayan bhav chalit chart
- What is a credit overstretch
- PhD Melbourne Shuffle Howto
- Correct pronunciation of betelgeuse howard
- How To Do Bokeh Effect Photo Contests
- How old is atli oskar fjalarsson
- Who makes raker props
- Where is the cruise ship Azura today
- How can you smoke kief without weed
- When writing a routine claim letter
- Where can I get anger rune Suikoden 2
- What does Range Feeded Beef mean
- How to register a company in manipur
- Smoby builder max binding instructions
- Rudraksha agriculture in Nepal, how to share
- Office clips Travis Lyrics when
- What if Siri pronounces your name incorrectly
- What does Kuska
- Dulceria la bonita wholesale phoenix az
- Data protection service inc d b a means something