How to cook whole ling fish
Octopus: delicacy from the sea
Octopus, octopus or Spanish pulpo: all three names stand for one and the same mollusc. Octopuses are the largest members of the squid family, which includes squids and cuttlefish. They can weigh up to 25 kilos, have a head and eight arms (tentacles). Their meat is very firm, mild in taste, low in calories and rich in healthy proteins, omega-3 fatty acids and iodine.
Pay attention to freshness when buying octopus
When buying, consumers should definitely pay attention to freshness. The octopus should have a white color without spots or yellowish spots, shine and smell neutral or like the fresh sea. Animals weighing one to two pounds are best for the kitchen. It is advisable to have them removed by the fishmonger because it takes a lot of work to clean a pulpo perfectly. It is best to prepare it on the day of shopping, an octopus should be stored in the refrigerator for a maximum of one to two days.
Boil, grill, fry and marinate octopus
Octopus is particularly popular in the Mediterranean countries. It tastes very good grilled, fried or marinated in a seafood salad. Wash the octopus well before preparing it, especially the tentacles are often still sandy.
To make the meat nice and tender, the octopus must first be cooked. Put the whole animal in a large saucepan with plenty of water, a bay leaf, a little salt and, if you like, a little garlic and cook over a low heat, otherwise it will be tough. Depending on the size, this takes 1 to 1 ½ hours. The octopus is done when a wooden skewer can be easily inserted and removed again.
The still widespread tip of boiling a wine cork so that the octopus is tender has not been confirmed.
After cooking, let the octopus cool in the cooking water. Then remove the small, hard mouthpiece and cut the meat into pieces and either marinate for a salad with oil, vinegar and lemon juice or roast / grill. Usually only the tentacles are used. But if you like, you can also process your head.
Pulpo pan with pointed peppers
For this special starter, Hannes Schröder first cooks the octopus in water and then fries it briefly in the pan with vegetables and herbs. more
Octopus salad with potatoes
The Mediterranean seafood salad is a popular Italian appetizer. It is prepared with fennel, celery and potatoes and served lukewarm. more
This topic in the program:
My afternoon | 09.10.2019 | 4:20 pm
- Guihua Gang wholesale building
- How to do mowz bil-laban
- Anna stachowska genealogia portuguesa
- How to apply eyeshadow primer
- How old is Shannon Hegy Wpri
- Who started bruh vine
- How to use a British style slip leash
- Minecraft wynncraft how to level up fast
- Where is Tughlakabad India
- Frank chow lachman consultant inc
- What are crucial capsules used for?
- How does the clown car trick work
- How does a record producer make money?
- Jezioro otmuchowskie domki kempingowe lubuskie
- How did Paul Kane die
- Wheat flour or wholemeal bread tokens
- Where does Putty save ssH keys
- Usui and Misaki fanfiction stories were kagome
- What is undoukai in english
- Where did Giovanni Domenico Cassini work
- How to graph the partial interval data collection
- Hey baby when we're together
- How to make a pen gun
- Sabunutan sa school 2015 who are you
- How To Do The Xematiasma Prayer
- How to fake a thigh gap tumblr
- Entity Framework C # where Clause Operator
- What is Simon group of companies
- When printing what is sorted or not sorted
- What do ballet dancers wear to practice
- Where is Sandawana Animal found
- Stroopwafel, how many calories are in chicken
- What are examples of oppositional brand loyalty
- How to find pcnf and pdnf