Gunderson's unshelled nuts in the wholesale trade
New opportunities for organic walnuts
For a long time, the walnut was a widespread product, but hardly noticed on the market. That is changing now: Your sales have increased by 300 percent in recent years. A former top manager and a miller from the Mühlviertel want to take advantage of this nut's chances.
The two people from Mühlviertel wanted to develop completely new ideas for what is actually a traditional product. Klaus Schmied was the head of a large Austrian eyewear company. A few years ago he retired and bought an old farm on the southern slopes of the Mühlviertel on the outskirts of Linz. Large areas of blueberry and raspberry bushes grow around the farm as well as an absolute specialty: a forest of 400 walnut trees.
The "Beerenberg" towards the Danube
Together with the organic miller Norbert Nestelberger from Perg, Schmied wants to bring the walnuts from the Mühlviertel organic region back onto the market. “The consumer wants to buy Austrian nuts. We hardly have any of these so far. We want to cover part of it now, ”says Norbert Nestelberger. A nut oil would also be an option.
Nut sales increased by 300 percent
Walnuts are considered to be particularly healthy. Their sales have increased by 300 percent in recent years, and there is great demand for domestic goods. Factors that make the two nut pioneers confident that the Mühlviertel organic nuts will be successful. “Our advantage is that we can charge more for Austrian nuts than for foreign ones,” says Nestelberger. A kilo in wholesale costs 15 to 16 euros: "That makes sense"
Nut pioneer Klaus Schmied
Especially because the "Beerenberg", as the whole area around the farm is called, attaches great importance to sustainability. Organic is the focus of everything we do. “For me it is crucial that we have a biological balance here. This not only includes the nut, it starts with the birds and insects and goes all the way to the fruit, "says Schmied. My goal is to bring this overall system to a new standard"
The demand for healthy nuts is growing
The first nut products from the Mühlviertel bioregion should be on the market from next autumn. In time for the Christmas baking.
- Where's Pepperville Beach
- What did ssdd mean in Dreamcatcher drawings
- Ballytherm 150 mm is like many inches
- What does number 168 mean?
- Silas Ramsey, when the heart calls
- Who played Lursa and Betor
- How to factor square expressions with cubes
- What remains Sally Mann Netflix
- What is Kruisbande in angels
- Rebel son how you get so ugly
- How to add files to cydia
- How's the size of Jane and Jack going?
- How do I get a driver's license in Bangladesh
- How old is Deann Groen Bayless
- Bottle opener with a round handle in wholesalers
- Ss sister manga update WhatsNew
- What is the dossier number
- How many definitions of culture are there
- What is Bitdefender Rescue Mode
- What 14 tooth points mean, testing means
- Who played Billy Bunter football
- How does the worksheet for bacterial lac operons work
- Sharepoint presence indicator for use
- How to then roughly clean boots
- What's important in Tagalog
- L2 hellbound celtus what's up
- When I'm eighty
- What is Big Sean Piano all about
- How to Play Thirty-One Bingo Boards
- Doctor, the intro template maker
- How to draw a cute husky dog
- Number 22 the square Northowram hedge
- Photos de whatsapp que cambian al abrirlas
- What does an application for annulment mean?