What is denatured water
Drinking distilled water: is it dangerous?
The myth about the danger of distilled water exists in every household. Many people do not know exactly what the difference to tap water is. With a little education, you will quickly see if there really is a risk.
What is distilled water?
Distilled water contains neither minerals nor trace elements. It is pure H.2O and is made by heating water. The rising water vapor is captured and collected. If the steam condenses, distilled water is obtained.
Is Distilled Water Consumption Harmful?
Many believe that distilled water has a purifying and revitalizing effect. However, that is not correct. The body needs the minerals and trace elements contained in water.
Is that why the consumption of distilled water is harmful to health? That too was believed for a long time. There was even the theoretical statement that consumption can lead to immediate death. Allegedly, cells in the human body can burst due to so-called osmosis when they come into contact with distilled water because they try to compensate for a lack of minerals and therefore take in excessive amounts of water.
That’s the theory. In practice, however, your own body cells rarely come into direct contact with food. During the digestive process, distilled water is mixed with other fluids to make up for the deficiency. Only then does contact with the cells occur, so that there are hardly any problems to fear. So if you accidentally drink distilled water, you don't need to call the ambulance right away.
Harmful does not mean life-threatening
Drinking mineral-free water is not life-threatening, but it can still be harmful to your health. The body depends on minerals. Therefore, you should avoid consuming distilled water for a long time. Otherwise it can happen that deficiency symptoms occur. So be skeptical of theories that claim distilled water is healthy.
Make your own distilled water
You can also easily make distilled water yourself at home. For this you need:
- a large saucepan with a lid
- a bowl that fits in the pot
- Ice cubes
How to make distilled water:
- Fill the pot with tap water and place the bowl in it. The bowl should float in the water, so it shouldn't touch the bottom.
- Turn the stove over to medium heat until the water starts to evaporate. Then place the lid upside down on the pot. The rising water vapor condenses on the lid and drips into the bowl. If you want it to be quick, you can put ice cubes on the lid, these cool the lid and the greater temperature difference speeds up the process.
- Simply fill the distilled water from the bowl into a previously boiled bottle.
What is distilled water used for?
Distilled water is available in supermarkets and drug stores. In private households, it is needed, among other things, for air humidifiers, for windscreen washers in cars, for the water tank of the iron and for cleaning.
In addition, the industry requires distilled water to manufacture many products.
Important NOTE: The information is in no way a substitute for professional advice or treatment by trained and recognized doctors. The contents of t-online cannot and must not be used to independently make diagnoses or start treatments.
- Marianne Penta, when love takes over lyric
- How to update uob passbook for Android
- What is the chemical name of n3o6
- Celebrities who are 181 cm tall
- Jesus saves me when I went down
- Rajai the aggressive where are they now
- How to make cardboard gauntlets
- Dynabeads mean a streptavidin c1 pearl wholesale
- Who lives in murders on farms in the White House
- Pardha pyla whooley inc.
- I accidentally started the whole thing
- Iqra means how often in the Koran
- How to connect a patch field
- Girl group icon pictures for WhatsApp profile
- How to apply Procto Glyvenol Creme
- Wayne Orchowski BMW Email Scam
- What is evdo ddtm
- Who is the Mayor of Bristol Tennessee
- How to use iddata in matlab
- What color is Dexron II atf
- What is a violation of the rate center
- Tomasz Piechowicz Police Department Lubliniec
- Cfa 18 months before graduation which side