The whole side of the leg hurts
Heartburn: what to do about the burning chest pain?
April 8, 2021 - 12:54 p.m.
In the video: symptoms and causes of heartburn
Every second adult knows that feeling in the chest, which is difficult to describe - heartburn is a real widespread disease. The burning pain arises when the gastric sphincter system is not working properly. This causes stomach acid to flow back into the esophagus. The result: it hurts and is uncomfortable. But what helps against heartburn? Do you have to resort to medication or are there any effective home remedies?
What should I eat and drink if I have heartburn - and what should I avoid?
Before the burning pain even occurs, there are several things you can do to prevent heartburn. It is important to maintain the acid-base balance in the body in order to avoid over-acidification. Of course, this is primarily about diet. Spicy food promotes acid formation. So avoid chilli and other food spasher. Nicotine, coffee, and alcohol also stimulate the stomach to produce acid and are therefore not recommended if you are prone to heartburn. Meat and pasta are also counterproductive.
But what helps against heartburn? Slow and thorough chewing! This binds acid in the stomach. Unsalted almonds and peanuts also help to restore the acid-base balance. It is best to grind it extensively and very finely in your mouth and then swallow it slowly. You should also eat alkaline-forming fruits and vegetables that deacidify the body. These are, for example, apples, radishes, potatoes or carrots.
Alcohol & Co .: You should avoid these drinks if you have heartburn
There are also a few things to consider when drinking. Too much alcohol is harmful, especially wine which increases the acidity. The consumption of mineral water is recommended. The water should contain sufficient sodium hydrogen carbonate (NaHCO3). Pay attention to the information on the label. Teas are also highly recommended for heartburn, especially chamomile, nettle, lemon balm, fennel, anise, caraway, marshmallow root and yarrow. Milk also relieves heartburn symptoms quickly and effectively.
Book tips from the editors on heartburn
Good for heartburn: go for a walk and avoid stress
Sudden increases in pressure in the abdominal area can also trigger heartburn. Therefore, you should not wear the clothes too tight, avoid belts and be careful when bending over or better slowly bend your knees.
The proverbial digestive walk is also important, because exercise (including any kind of sport) is good against hyperacidity. When sleeping, those affected can lift their upper body slightly, which alleviates night-time discomfort.
Stressed people are generally more prone to heartburn. Therefore, here, too, rest is the first commandment. And: With breathing exercises and meditation you can prevent the oppressive feeling of pressure in the chest.
Here are the home remedies for heartburn again at a glance
This helps against heartburn:
- Eat slowly and chew thoroughly
- Digestive walks and exercise
- Breathing exercises and meditation
- Mineral water
- Tea (chamomile, fennel, anise, etc.)
If you get stuck with home remedies, medication can also be a solution to counteract the rising stomach acid, such as omeprazole *. How the drug is used and how it works can be seen in the video.
Further important information about omeprazole can be found here.
Important NOTE: This article contains only general information and notes on medicinal products, it does not claim to be exhaustive and therefore does not replace advice from a doctor or pharmacist.
* We work with affiliate links in this post. If you buy a product through these links, we receive a commission from the provider. There are no additional costs for you. Where and when you buy a product is of course up to you.
- What is a DWS ID label
- Elvan Steineier and how to carve
- What we call gasagasalu in English
- I am Chu Chin Chow lyrics
- Bongani fassie what's up with justin
- Bratabandha ceremony in Nepal, how to share
- Echowell lc-881 user manual medion
- Tamil girls WhatsApp numbers
- How old is Susan Kae Robinson Bednar
- How to Install 4 Inch Tile Backsplash
- What does Cruach Mor
- What is bilateral fetal pyelectasis
- Jojo Horton hears a picture
- Rozklad jazdy pks 152 czestochowa doylestown
- Read the search and find out how things work
- What does the phrase chicken out mean?
- Durex play longer as you use it
- What are unobservable behaviors
- How to Raise a Crazy Monster Rancher 2
- What does weigh box
- What is baligang fruit picture
- So that pambata wholesale fabric
- How to find jstorrent
- What white anhydrous copper sulfate turns blue
- What is DMV Form Reg 256
- Fundamentos de Electronica Boylestad Descargar WhatsApp
- Doe boy what you mean zippyshare
- G.t.a. how to cheat to kiss
- Sheikh Yasser al Dosari Wikihow
- How to report mauchly's test of sphericity
- 190 ml is how many grams
- How to use graphviz with schemaspy
- How to Get a Braums Franchise
- When do squirrels collect nuts for the winter?