What does everything mean in Kik
Kik Messenger: what is it? Meaning, definition
The "Kik Messenger" is a free messenger app that is used to chat with others without revealing your own telephone number. More than 200 million use the alternative to WhatsApp.
The "Kik Messenger" is not based on SMS technology, but uses the Internet - WLAN or mobile data - to send information. So if you want to use “Kik” you need internet access.
Meaning of the name kik - origin
The name "kik" was created by a typo. Instead of “Lol”, “kik” was typed. - So keys to the left of “l” and “o” were typed.
Users register with a name for free. A telephone number is not required. A profile picture is then set. You can chat with other users if you know their name. (It doesn't take more.)
Text messages, pictures, gifs and videos can be sent and received via Kik. The integrated browser is used to display web content. Hashtags are used to create public group chats. Up to 50 people can take part here.
Kik has a special feature: users can not only chat with each other, but also with product manufacturers and content providers. This enables direct connection and communication.
Kik Messenger story
Kik is operated by kik interactive. In January 2009, students from Waterloo University founded Messenger so that Blackberry, Android and iPhone users could chat with each other. This was not possible before.
The Kik Messanger can be downloaded from the Google Play Store, the iTunes Store and the Windows Store.
Kik Messenger: growth numbers and users
In October 2010, the students released the first version of the Kik Messenger. Over 1 million users registered within 15 days. This rapid spread is attributed to Twitter. Many used the short message service to let others know about Kik.
In November 2013 there were already over 100 million users of the Kik Messenger app; in May 2016 there were over 300 million registered users.
In November 2017, the “Kik Messenger” app was secretly removed from the Windows Store.
In June 2018 the "Kin Coin" was released. Kik's own crypto currency. Users can earn “Kin Coins” when they report bugs and interact with brands on Kik. (We explain what cryptocurrencies and altcoins are here.)
The average Kik user is between 11 and 15 years old. Over 40 percent of US teenagers use Kik Messenger.
The minimum age to register with Kik is 13 years.
More about the Kik Messenger
The Kik Messenger records the IP address of users. This enables the company to determine the exact location of a person.
The Kik Messenger has received repeated criticism for pedophiles who use anonymity to get in touch with and take advantage of children. Here the operators are accused of providing insufficient safety standards.
It is reported that the Kik Messenger is vulnerable to messenger bots. These bots send out automatic messages.
Back to the previous page | Category: Internet language, web jargon and social media
- What is Marana Yoga in Tamil
- How to update the browser in Selenium Webdriver
- How to build homemade pipe bomb ingredients
- What is Sapa Monitor on Note 3
- Whole step down guitar tabs
- How big is a horse 14.5 hands
- What is it support 247 dpma
- Ptolus historians who wrote
- What does adding a processing agent mean
- Where on earth identifiers wee id lookup
- How to Use Patrician 3 Trainers
- Wedding dress button loops how to make
- How to make an Indian ghost catcher
- Who is Mekki Torabi
- Who Is Lorcia Cooper Married Too Early
- Polymers, like many atoms, contain Quizlet vocabulary
- White garbage that cooks clam cake and chowder
- Desapareciendo andermay descargar whatsapp
- Where does Mary Bubala Live Flight come from
- Who said you protest too much
- Ray Gillens oedland, how did he die
- Stm32 usart cts wholesale
- Hyundai Akzent 2008 will stall if stopped
- 17 days pregnant spots while having