What does squatting in a hotel mean?
Part of Speech: VerbHyphenation:
- ho | cken, past tense: hock | te, participle II: ge | hockt
- IPA: [ˈHɔkn̩]
- 1) intrans. Sit upright with your knees bent sharply
- 2) refl., South German: to sit down
- 3) intrans., Southern German, Austrian: stay longer in one and the same place
- of low german to Middle Low Germancrouch "Crouch"
- 1) crouch
- 2) sit down, sit down
- 3) stay, sit around, linger
- 2) kneel, sit; colloquial:hang around (hang out, hang around), hang around
- 1) lie, stand
- 3) go (go away), get away, get away
- 1) crouch down, crouch down, crouch up, crouch down, crouch down, crouch down, crouch down, crouch around, crouch down, crouch down, crouch together
- 1) "" Everything straight lies, muttered the dwarf contemptuously. All truth is crooked, time itself is a circle. "
- “You spirit of gravity! I said angrily, don't make it easy for you! Or I'll let you squat, where you squat Lamefoot - and I carried you up! ... "
- “But while gliding in a small cockpit squats, while paragliding swings in a seat, the hang-glider hangs under the wing, head first. "
- 2) You can sit on the stool squat.
- 3) He squats for hours in front of the television.
- 3) My mother told how she was in the basement [at war] squat had to and froze while the bombs detonated.
- colloquial: to squat on someone's skin = to sit on someone's skin
- When the Bangkok people sit on their bench at the Bangkok Ping-Pong Cup.
- 1) someone squatsee; squatstay
- Squat, squat, squat, stool, squat, squat jump, squat stand, squat position, squat support
- Present tense: I. squat; you squat; he she it squats
- Simple past: I. crouched
- Participle II: crouched
- Subjunctive II: i crouched
- Imperative: singular crouch!; Plural squats!
- Auxiliary verb: to have; be
- Chinese: 1) 蹲 (dūn)
- English: 1) squat; 2) sit down; 3) stay, lounge around
- French: 1) être accroupi; 2) s’asseoir; 3) rester
- Catalan: 1) ajupir-se; 2) asseure's; 3) estar, romandre
- Dutch: 1) hurken
- Swedish: 1) sitta på huk, huka; 2) satiety; 3) häcka (coll.), Hänga (coll.)
- Spanish: 1) ponerse en cuclillas, acuclillarse; 2) sentarse; 3) permanecer
- Czech: 1) dřepět, dřepnout, dřepnout si
- Hungarian: 1) guggol
- East Central German: lossn
Similar words (German):hedge, squat, stool
Practical example sentences
Automatically selected examples in German:
„The Hegering Langenhagen put a lot of effort into equipping its Hubertusmesse. Dozens of animals hover, squat or sneak through the church and fascinate the visitors.“
Hannoversche Allgemeine Zeitung, November 11, 2018
„Whom in the office squat is too boring, he often chooses the craft. That is why Daniela decided to train as a sign and light advertising manufacturer in Dortmund.“
RuhrNachrichten.de, August 01, 2019
„Who says fans of TV series squat only in front of the telly? Some even travel the world to get to the locations of their favorite series. That creates problems.“
euronews, August 6, 2019
„Thousands of students squat especially in tutoring institutes and learning - despite holidays. Whether this is really useful and, above all, to whom, is controversial.“
Spiegel Online, August 17, 2019
„More and more strollers come across spray cutlery in the ramparts, in bushes squat Drug addicts putting their shot.“
BILD.de, August 20, 2019
„The only good thing about the Corona crisis: You no longer have to be afraid of missing out. All squat rum. Now only the self-optimizers have to give up.“
Die Zeit, March 27, 2020
„While millions of Germans should keep their distance because of Corona, squat Junkie groups meet each other in Frankfurt's Bahnhofsviertel.“
BILD.de, March 30, 2020
„The corona crisis can quickly turn into a relationship crisis. Couples squat each other - and don't know for how long. A couples therapist explains what the one big mistake is now to avoid.“
GMX, March 24, 2020
„Hotels and guest houses are currently only allowed to occupy their beds up to 60 percent. Is that to be noticed at Whitsun in Binz on Rügen - or squat the vacationers close together?“
NDR, May 29, 2020
„From everyday life at Kurt-Schumacher-Platz: We squat stupid and apathetic, starting sentences and not finishing them because it is too loud.“
TAZ, December 03, 2019
The usage examples were selected automatically and may therefore contain errors.
Grammar / conjugations
Flexion hocken - The conjugation of the verb hockenIt is a regular verb that is conjugated with the auxiliary verb haben.
|1st person singular||2nd person singular||3rd person singular||1st person plural||2nd person plural||3rd person plural|
|Present indicative||i crouch||you crouch||he / she / it squats||we squat||you crouch||they squat|
|Present Subjunctive I.||i crouch||you crouch||he / she / it crouch||we squat||her hocket||they squat|
|Past tense indicative||I crouched||you squatted||he / she / it crouched||we crouched||you crouched||they crouched|
|Past tense subjunctive II||I crouched||you squatted||he / she / it crouched||we crouched||you crouched||they crouched|
|Perfect indicative||I was crouching||you crouched||he / she / it was crouching||we crouched||you crouched||they crouched|
|Perfect subjunctive I.||I crouched||you were crouching||he / she / it was crouching||we crouched||you crouched||they crouched|
|Past perfect indicative||I had crouched||you had crouched||he / she / it had crouched||we had crouched||you had crouched||they had crouched|
|Past perfect subjunctive II||I would have crouched||you would have crouched||he / she / it would have crouched||we would have crouched||you would have crouched||they would have crouched|
|Future I indicative||i will squat||you will squat||he / she / it will squat||we will squat||you will squat||they will squat|
|Future tense I subjunctive||i will squat||you will squat||he / she / it will squat||we will squat||you will squat||they will squat|
|Future tense I subjunctive II||i would squat||you would squat||he / she / it would squat||we would squat||you would squat||they would squat|
|Future tense II indicative||I will have crouched||you will have crouched||he / she / it will have crouched||we will have crouched||you will have crouched||they will have crouched|
|Future tense II subjunctive I||I will have crouched||you will have crouched||he / she / it will have crouched||we will have crouched||you will have crouched||they will have crouched|
|Future tense II subjunctive II||I would have crouched||you would have crouched||he / she / it would have crouched||we would have crouched||you would have crouched||they would have crouched|
The table was generated automatically. If an error has crept in, please let us know.
Thesaurus & Synonyms
- duck: reflexive: pulling your head or upper body down so as not to be hit by something or seen by someone
- crouch down
- kneel down: get on your knees, adopt a kneeling position
- crouch: sit in a crouching position or with a hunched back; refl. sit down crouched
- kneel: sit so that the weight of the body rests on the knees; reflexive: sit down so that the weight of the body rests on the knees
- crouch down
Another word (synonym) for squat - Source: OpenThesaurus
Entries from our dictionary that contain "squat":
gamble: zocken (German) Part of Speech: Verb Notes: According to the »German dictionary of variants«, the word is perceived as foreign in Austria, but is increasingly being used there ...
to sit:… 5a) reside 6) sit down Opposite words: 1) stand Subordinate terms: 1) squat Application examples: 1) At ARD and ZDF you sit in the first row. 2) The ...
hockey:… (Chokkei) Swedish: 1) hockey Spanish: 1) hockey (male) Czech: 1) hokej (male) Hungarian: 1) hoki Similar terms: hocken…
burn:… Burn the Beatles' 'white album' for me? ”10) Girls, burn your curls / otherwise you stay crouching. Idiom / idioms: burn like a chandelier Word formations: fire ...
acuclillarse:… Os acuclilláis; ellos, ellas se acuclillan past participle: acuclillado Hyphenation: a | cu | cli | llar | se Word meaning / definition: 1) crouch, crouch Translations ...
Rate & Share
Rate the dictionary entry or share it with friends.
Quote & print
Quote this page:
"Hocken" in the online dictionary Wortbedeutung.info (17.5.2021) URL: https://www.wortbedeutung.info/hocken/
Comments from users
There are currently no comments on this entry.
Complete the dictionary entry
Wortscheutung.info is a Language dictionary and is used to look up all linguistic information. It's explicit not an encyclopedia and no subject dictionary that explains content. You can add comments such as examples of use or hints on the use of the term "hocken" and thus help to improve our dictionary. Questions, requests for help and complaints are not welcome and will be deleted immediately. HTML tags are not allowed.
The following terms
squat together (German) Part of Speech: Conjugated Form Hyphenation: ho | cken zu | sam | men Pronunciation / Emphasis: IPA: [ˌhɔkn̩…
crouching (German) Part of Speech: Participle I Hyphenation: ho | ckend Pronunciation / Stress: IPA: [ˈhɔkn̩t] Grammatical…
crouching (German) Part of speech: Declined form Hyphenation: ho | cken | de Pronunciation / Stress: IPA: [ˈhɔkn̩də]…
crouching (German) Part of speech: Declined form Hyphenation: ho | cken | dem Pronunciation / Emphasis: IPA: [ˈhɔkn̩dəm]…
crouching (German) Part of Speech: Declined form Hyphenation: ho | cken | den Pronunciation / Stress: IPA: [ˈhɔkn̩dən]…
crouching (German) Part of speech: Declined form Hyphenation: ho | cken | pronunciation / stress: IPA: [ˈhɔkn̩dɐ]…
crouching (German) Part of speech: Declined form Hyphenation: ho | cken | des Pronunciation / Stress: IPA: [ˈhɔkn̩dəs]…
squat (German) Part of Speech: Conjugated Form Hyphenation: ho | ckest Pronunciation / Stress: IPA: [ˈhɔkəst] Grammatical…
- Aqw where is wanyudo talisman
- What is Fitrah in Islam Urdu
- Ladhowal ludhiana PIN code
- What does humility like in weather mean
- What is soursop in chinese
- What is a system event broker
- Sony Ericsson W810I WhatsApp Web
- How to get the honey badger haircut
- Chow reg stata 12
- Coleman brothers you who dare
- Birdie Buddy Ep 18 How To Minecraft
- Whoopi Goldberg The View Halloween 1997
- Who is Marlene Malahoo Forte
- What does class 2040 sand mean?
- Ocean covers how much of the earth
- Hostapd wpa2 how to do it
- How to reduce facial swelling from bulimia
- Location montmagny 95360 what county
- Where was the Moussaieff Red Diamond Foundation
- Roo and the howling lyrics have mercy
- At the same time puscifer texte what do you know
- How to unlock romantic in sims medieval
- What font is the Fosters logo
- What was in the general hospital today