How to Measure Golf Swing Speed
Social Association VdK Germany e.V.
How to measure blood values largely painlessly
The spades don't have to hurt
Diabetics need to check their blood sugar levels regularly. To get a correct and reliable reading, there are a few things to consider. If you have the spades in your finger correctly, you can measure largely painlessly.
The foundation of any diabetes therapy is good blood sugar control. Because both too high and too low blood sugar levels are critical. Hypoglycemia can lead to unconsciousness in diabetics. High blood sugar levels, on the other hand, cause serious long-term secondary diseases such as retinal damage, kidney dysfunction and cardiovascular diseases. If you check your blood sugar levels frequently, you can optimally adjust your blood sugar and reduce the risk of illness.
Measurements are taken several times a day on an empty stomach, in the morning and in the evening and before meals. You need a measuring device and test strips, a lancing device, something to dab off, as well as paper and a pen. Before measuring, hands should be washed and dried thoroughly, but not disinfected, as this could falsify the measurement result. The fingers should be warm and well supplied with blood. The test strip is inserted into the meter. The code must match the code on the device display.
The lancing device is placed on the side of the fingertip. The spades are less painful here. It is advisable to alternate fingers with each measurement. The thumb and forefinger are avoided as much as possible because they are used the most. If the amount of blood is insufficient, a greater lancing depth must be set. Instead of pressing or squeezing, it is advisable to prick again at a different point.
The drop of blood is absorbed with the test strip. The device displays the blood sugar value. In healthy people, it is around 60 to 100 milligrams per deciliter or 3.3 to 6.1 millimoles per liter. The result should be noted with the date and time in a blood sugar diary. Information on high-carbohydrate meals, insulin and tablet doses and special events that can affect blood sugar levels are also important. These include illness, stress and exercise.
The lancing device lancet should be replaced regularly. Because with each use, the needle becomes a little blunt. It is advisable to take care of the skin with hand cream so that it remains supple. Calluses on the fingertips can also be removed regularly.
VdK-TV: Diabetes, a global disease
KeywordsDiabetes | Blood sugar | Sugar | Measuring device | painless | Diabetic | Blood sugar levels | Control | Lancing device
- Where is Andrew Ridgeley now
- Meaning of godspeed when someone dies
- How many rakats in Jummah Hanafi Islam
- Sterogyl 20 ml is like many ounces
- The scene ends somewhere in time
- What is lumbar spine levocurvature
- Paul Howson married to Jane Wymark actress
- What does a cappella refer to
- Baloto champeta descargar whatsapp
- Officially licensed Greek products wholesale
- Shyna Chow Singapore Air
- Car battery sparks when connected positive
- Myung Jin textiles wholesale
- Lanja ph numbers and what they mean
- Dr. Howard Bush Cleveland Clinic
- How did Alex Boehling die in the house
- What we say Sharmana in English
- Where did the cat get your tongue from?
- What does the name Shayla mean
- What did the fox manga say online
- How did the definition of Cheapskate come about
- Candle in the wind about which actress
- Retromolar trine hurts when I swallow
- How to Make Time Lapse on Galaxy S6
- Oscar Howe art class
- Minimon masters how to develop Eevee
- Jbl dj system in chandni chowk kolkata
- Codigo de acceso whatsapp online
- Which status code is mds
- Acid washed concrete is slippery when wet
- How to save custom functions Excel
- Pokemon Red Gameshark are flying everywhere
- What does the medical prefix pseudo mean