Zoolander Gas Fight actors who played
Chip Taylor (with John Platania, Kendel Carson),
Rock and Roll Joe (Train Wreck)
"A tribute to the unsung heroes of rock 'n' roll" is the subtitle of Chip Taylor's current work. "This album is in honor of the unsung heroes of rock music. The history of rock is filled with Rock and Roll Joes who were instrumental in shaping the sound of today's best music, yet their contributions are barely recognized ", says in the album," The album is a tribute to the under appreciated session players, songwriters, producers, and behind the scenes people who helped shape the music we love. “A good dozen songs, some beautiful, are dedicated to this topic. It doesn't rock out loud, but it rolls quite nicely.
There is a half * extra for the website for the project: Such unsung heroes are presented at http://www.rockandrolljoe.com, and visitors to the site can also suggest people for this virtual Hall of Fame. Introduced are Steve Popovich, "a music executive and fan", session pianist Nicky Hopkins (The Kinks, The Rolling Stones), guitarist Cornell Dupree (BB King, Paul Simon, Aretha Franklin), drummer Clyde Stubblefield (James Brown) , Pianist Richard Bell (Janis Joplin), pedal steel guitarist Sneaky Pete Kleinow (Flying Burrito Brothers, Joe Cocker, Joni Mitchell). In addition to Chip Taylor, various other musicians also write there, including Robert Earl Keen (about the songwriter John Vandiver) and Bill Frisell ("My Influences and Teachers"). I hope this website will be continued.
Sir Douglas Quintet, The Mono Singles ’68 --’72 (Sundazed)
There's not much to say about that. All singles by Doug Sahm and his boys from the late 1960s to the early 1970s on Mercury and sister labels Smash and Philips. 22 tracks, not only hits like “Mendocino”, “Dynamite Woman” and “Nuevo Laredo”, but also internationally less well-known tracks and obscure B-sides, including those that did not appear on albums.
Greg Brown, Freak Flag (Yep Roc)
I still remember the first time I heard a Greg Brown album. A French label took over “Dream Café” (1992) from the American Red House label, which was not sold in Europe. Songs like “Just By Myself”, “Nice When It Rains” and “Laughing River” have stuck in my ears to this day. I was immediately fascinated by this singer / songwriter from Iowa - and found out that there are eight previous albums by him. It took a while until I had these records, because that was still in the pre-internet days. Since then he has made a dozen other albums, including excellent ones like “The Poet Game” (1984) and “The Eveninig Call” (2006). But “Dream Café” remained the best for me. Until now. At 62, Greg Brown is once again in top form. He still sounds a bit like a cross between Leonard Cohen and Tom Waits. But there is also a song here, "Where Are You Going When You're Gone", which sounds like an homage to Charlie Feathers, one of my favorite rock'n'rollers. In fact, Brown has the album at Ardent Studios, where Feathers has already recorded. He is accompanied by guitarist Bo Ramsey (who also produced the album), and Mark Knopfler plays guitar on one song. In addition to nine of his own songs, there are two covers: "Let The Mystery Be" by his wife Iris DeMent and "Remember The Sun" by his daughter Pieta Brown.
Robyn Ludwick, Out of These Blues (Late Show Records)
Grant Peeples, Okra and Ecclesiastes (Gatorbone)
Two very different singer / songwriters with one thing in common: both albums were produced by Gurf Morlix and he plays a key role on both.
• Robyn Ludwick, sister of the well-known singer / songwriters Bruce Robison and Charlie Robison, made her strong debut album “For So Long” in 2005, when she was over 30 years old. Their third album with a dozen strong songs about longings, the pain of parting and broken hearts, gets under your skin. This is better than the new Lucinda Williams album! (Incidentally, Gurf Morlix is the producer of the best Lucinda Williams album, "Lucinda Williams", 1988: *****.) In addition to Morlix on various string and keyboard instruments, the organist and pianist Ian McLagan (Small Faces), fiddler Gene Elders, husband John Ludwick on bass, and Trish Murphy and Slaid Cleaves on Harmony vocals.
• Producer Morlix also plays stringed instruments and keyboards for Grand Peeples, the brilliant songwriter from Florida, and he has brought along accordionist Radoslav Lorkovic. Peeples writes strong songs about life in the Southeast. The rather unusual album title comes from the song "My People Come From the Dirt":
My people come from the dirt, full choke and steel guitar
Cigarettes and whiskey, and a dog chained in their yard
My people come from the dirt, white bread and kerosene
Catfish and flatbeds, sweat stains and retreads, okra and Ecclesiastes
Grant Peeples doesn't shy away from song titles like "High Fructose Corn Syrup" either. In this song it says:
My grip on tomorrow, it's slipping away, while Darkness draws ever more near
There's evil and danger ‘round every bend But I know I got nothing to fear
Cause there is High fructose corn syrup, Reality TeeVee
Taylor Swift and Burger King Jesus and cheap gasoline
Amber Digby & Midnight Flyer, Live at Swiss Alps Hall (Heart of Texas)
Gal Holiday and the Honky Tonk Revue,
Set Two (self-released)
The Sweetback Sisters, Looking for a Fight
Three times best honky tonk music with strong female voices: from Texas, from Lousiana and - from Brookyln, New York.
• Amber Digby proves with her 26 (!) Tracks that she is also a fantastic singer live. Justin Trevino will be there as a special guest. The Swiss Alp Hall, where the album was recorded, is a 100-year-old dance hall between Schulenburg and La Grange in Texas; Schulenburg is roughly halfway between San Antonio and Houston.
• Gal Holiday and the Honky Tonk Revue, a sextet with lead singer Vanessa Niemann, come from Louisiana and play first class honkytonk, western swing and rockabilly: classics, a few of their own songs - and Bob Dylan's “Don't Think Twice”.
• The Sweetback Sisters are a sextet from New York City, from Brooklyn, in which two women, Zara Bode and Emily Miller, share the lead vocals. In addition to their own songs, there is also the Hazel Dickens classic "Don't Put Her Down, You Helped Put Her There", "Rattled" by the Traveling Wilburys and a stunning version of Dwight Yoakam's "It Won't Hurt When I Fall From This Barstool ". Makes you happy!
The Band of Heathens,
Top Hat Crown & Clapmaster’s Son (BOH)
Not quite as catchy for me as the last album “One Foot in the Ether”, but a great album by the roots band from Autstin, Texas.
Danny Click, Life Is a Good Place (DogStar)
I haven't heard from this singer / songwriter since his debut "Forty Miles" (1998). Nice album with bluesy and rock accents.
Carolina Chocolate Drops, Heritage (DixieFrog; 2008)
A collection of earlier recordings of this black string band roots trio; is even more earthy, “rustic” than the Grammy-winning 2010 album “Genuine Negro Jig”.
Steve Earle, I'll Never Get Out of This World Alive
The great singer / songwriter under the wing of producer T Bone Burnett. That makes the sound a little more sophisticated. Us else: the real Steve Earle. Cover art as always by the brilliant artist Tony Fitzpatrick from Chicago.
Joe Ely, Satisfied at Last (Rack 'em)
At 65, the Texas country rock hero still sounds almost as good as he did in his prime in the 1980s. Proven mixture of hand organ ballads and earthy guitar rock with a pinch of flamenco.
Los Fabulocos Featuring Kid Ramos, Dos
(Delta Groove Music)
The second album by the Chicano-accordion-rock'n'-rollers from California is again a lot of fun.
- Who killed kenny ringtone
- Whole-cell biosensor Wikipedia
- What's in my purse of hope esme
- Blaze Anti Fog Instructions on How to Tie
- Where's my hammer multiplayer flash
- How to remove the customer experience program
- How to Shrink Rayon Polyester Curtains
- How to Tie Dressed Siwash Hooks on Stripersonline
- What is Fitrah in Islam Urdu
- Harvest What You Saeen Sermon Illustration
- Foo chow china lacquerware chiang
- How to connect solar panels Tekkit
- Mata ki chowki ep 206 is running
- What does it mean to hit the spinal cord
- What is Talabya вЂ ‹вЂ‹ Kriya
- What is amortiser winding
- How to get flatlands in Minecraft multiplayer
- When was the resistance thermometer developed country
- What is methyl nonyl ketone
- Metal sign art wholesale
- Programming the software vertex vx 800
- What is the best swimming lesson
- Postpartum bleeding for how long
- Grace chow yue-ting wang