What is Rand Nofap
Is NoFap Worth It in 2021? (After I've Been on NoFap for 6 Years)
If you ask me, “Is NoFap worth it?”, My answer is an astounding yes!
I've been on NoFap for 6 years.
There are few things I hate in life but fapping is definitely one of them.
Here’s my account of NoFap experience and the many benefits of NoFap I'm so happy about.
Before we go into that, join my Free Stop PMO Webinar so that you stay committed to NoFap:
Click this link to read more about the webinar and sign up.
With that out of the way, let's dive right in.
If you don’t want to read, check out the companion video for my “NoFap: Before and After” story:
My account of staying on NoFap for years
I started masturbating when I was around 12.
When I had a girlfriend at 21 or a wife later at 25, I did it less but still did it.
At 27, I hit a very low point in my life and developed an addiction to fapping.
It gave me a quick escape from depression.
The problem was that instant gratification felt good but never lasted.
And it made me even more depressed.
On top of depression, I'd also feel shame and guilt.
I hated the feeling of lacking self-discipline and wasting time and energy.
When I was 31, I said enough and went NoFap.
I've been on it for 6 years so far.
And I had two short relapses that only reinforced how good it is for me.
Benefit 1: Feeling better about myself
For me, one of the best NoFap gains was stopping the pain that I felt after masturbating.
I would hate myself.
So much wasted time, struggle, guilt, wasted energy, shame.
And what for?
A quick escape that never made me happy in the first place.
What brought me genuine happiness was NoFap — finding the strength to quit masturbation and feel in control.
Benefit 2: Tackling challenges better
I used to go to fapping when I faced some sort of resistance.
Say, I would be translating a text from one language to another and run into something that I didn't understand.
I. felt like escaping that challenge and fapping offered a quick way to do so.
But when I was done, my energy and resolve that I needed to press on were even lower.
Now that I am free from fapping, I don’t look for an escape from challenges.
With NoFap, energy I would previously waste is preserved.
I sit there patiently and tackle the challenge.
A life coach Richard Harris said:
It feels like there is a building of some unquantifiable ‘vital energy’ inside me, and then it is redirected, or sublimated, into my work:
During No Fap, my business experienced tremendous growth.
I felt this energy push into other areas:
- I started getting up at 5:30 am;
- I stopped taking "rest days" from the gym and my gains blew up;
- I stopped taking mid day "power naps."
Benefit 3: Getting reattracted to real women
Actresses and models look too good.
Real women seem unattractive compared to them.
After quitting fapping, I felt so much more attracted to women.
I was able to appreciate women for their inner beauty.
Not just the physical beauty that porn wires us to focus on.
I enjoyed holding hands, deep conversations, spending time outside, planning, dreaming together.
This is a whole new level of enjoying women — one where the answer to the question "Is NoFap even worth it?" is obvious.
Porn and masturbation pale in comparison to it.
Benefit 4: Rechanneling the sexual energy into building a relationship
When I feel a sexual desire, I have two options.
The first and convenient one is quick release by fapping.
But with fapping out of the question now, the only option left is actually finding a girl.
Therefore, my sexual desire pushes me to procreate.
So I go out and do the thing that is good and healthy for me: I build a relationship with a girl.
Benefit 5: NoFap depression improved my self-discipline
One thing that makes quitting PMO a challenge is NoFap depression.
One week after quitting, I experienced PMO withdrawal symptoms:
- Lack of motivation to do anything
- Intense mood swings between euphoria and depression or tiredness and hyperactivity
Not everyone has these symptoms but they are common nonetheless.
It's your brain fighting for high dopamine levels it got used to.
Because you lavished your brain with tons of dopamine, it got lazy and reduced the number of dopamine receptors.
That's why it's difficult for you to feel pleasure from simple things now.
But after you quit PMO, a reverse process occurs in your brain.
It increases the number of dopamine receptors so that it can still feel pleasure from less stimulating activities.
Going through this process requires willpower and coping with depression.
But for me, this was a blessing in disguise.
By persevering and staying committed to NoFap, my self-discipline improved.
I strengthened my will to keep on doing what's uncomfortable rather than seek an escape.
This habit alone made NoFap worth it for me.
Here’s an account of my NoFap depression:
Benefit 6: Increased confidence
Back when I masturbated, I felt shy and awkward.
Because I had to hide my PMO habit, I developed a fear that others were watching and judging me constantly.
So yeah, I was a mess.
But six years into my journey, I've never been so confident in my life as I'm now.
I talk to strangers, clients, or women I hit on confidently.
I never take myself seriously. In fact, I love making fun of my blunders.
To be clear: getting there wasn't easy. It required a lot of inner and outer work alongside NoFap.
But every challenge I faced was worthwhile.
Benefit 7: No need to clear my browser history
I absolutely love this one.
I didn't want anyone to know about my PMO addiction.
So I had to clear my browser history and delete downloaded images and videos after masturbating.
And there was something humiliating about that for me.
Hiding like this was contrary to my identity because I always valued transparency and authenticity.
Now that I've been clean for years, I love that I don’t need to hide anymore:
- I've kept my browser history intact for a long time.
- I can make screen videos without worrying that something embarrassing would pop up.
- I don’t feel any porn anxiety anymore.
Benefit 8: Maximizing my potential and discovering more of it
I remember one particular day when I wasted several hours a day on PMO.
And I felt tired after that.
As a result, I didn't do anything productive that day, staying in a lazy mode.
You might think that it's okay to have a lazy day like that.
And I agree — as long as you don’t feel guilt.
And I was having tons of guilt.
I felt I had tons of potential and PMO was stopping me from realizing it.
When I finally stopped PMO, I could do so much more with my life:
- I started running 20K marathons.
- I moved to Canada from Russia which was my lifelong dream.
- I built a translation business that's been active for 15 years now.
- I was able to work 16-hour days if necessary, without getting bored or distracted.
- I took my family to ski resorts all across Europe.
Benefit 9: I was able to see what was on the other side
I heard other people talking about all these benefits of NoFap.
And I wanted to see those benefits for myself.
When I did this, they were so good that I never wanted to go back.
Looking back, I realize now that if I hadn’t done that, I would have deprived myself of the ability to see what’s possible.
That said, I believe it's important to give it a shot and do a 90-day challenge.
If you don’t like the other side, you can go back.
But at least, you'll know that you saw it and made a conscious choice.
Want to know more about NoFap benefits?
Stopping excessive masturbation was one of the best decisions in my life.
What's the alternative?
Shame, guilt, and regret.
PMO is just not worth it.
Check out my definitive guide to learn about other NoFap benefits in 2020.
Is NoFap worth doing? Still wondering?
Here’s one final piece of NoFap motivation:
How would you like it if your son was a PMO addict?
If not, then it's time to be a role model.
Even if he isn't born yet.
Get professional help for faster results
I compiled the lessons learned from my experience with NoFap and my work with clients in my articles and videos on this NoFap blog - all available for free.
But many people ask me for staff guidance and support along their journey:
- You might have questions you can't find answers to elsewhere.
- You want to speak with someone who understands what you're going through.
- You need practical methods to recover and stay porn-free.
If that's you, I'm here to help you in-person as a NoFap coach.
- I can consult with you over a phone or video call. I will answer your questions, clarify your goals, and make progress toward whatever outcome you want. Contact me for a no-fee NoFap breakthrough session now.
- I can consult with you by e-mail. Get quick answers and extra NoFap motivation on your journey.
- I can provide daily check-ins by video or email. Feel more motivated to stay NoFap for life by being accountable to me.
Finally, check out my "Free NoFap Tutorial: 5 Proven Tips to Transform Yourself Now." This is a free video with practical tips that will make NoFap easier.
- How to align motor disks
- What do dec plugs look like
- How To Clean Pioneer Plasma Screen TV
- How tall is Erin on blue blood
- What is a wharf hydrant
- Origami water bomb wikihow categories
- What does ole mean for flamenco dancers
- What does free shrug mean
- Dorothy Lamour son John Ridgely Howard pictures
- Hey what are you doing as a keepsake
- No matter how fast I run sonic
- Dangers of aspartame when heating kclo3
- Baked potatoes frozen twice costco wholesale
- Like Formula 1 aerodynamics worksheets
- How to make albertos carne asada burritos
- How to pronounce a hui hou means
- 450 kg is how many pounds
- How to add an account in the hdfc bank
- What does goblin mean on an etching
- What is your name mary jane
- How to fix fiberboard walls
- How to squat on a modern toilet
- Gina Cotroneo, what happened
- Ruby Cubilaeum how many years
- Howe Richardson Scale Company Clifton NJ City
- Eisenhower park golf gift certificate
- What Narx networks can computers do
- How to identify ykk zipper
- Pelletizing machine for bucket wholesale
- How to freeze super slim ps3
- What is numerology Wikipedia
- How to document the assessment of gait maintenance
- Ansible if file does not exist
- How to make a cement water slide