What is Chip Shop Vinegar made of
Cult dough from the 90s: How to make a "Hermann"
Few ingredients, quickly made and particularly tasty: In the 1990s, the so-called "Hermann" dough became a cult. In the course of the corona lockdown, the popular bread dough is experiencing an upswing again. With just a few steps you can easily make the dough at home.
In the corona pandemic, many people in Germany started to bake bread themselves. Numerous simple recipes that can be copied with just a few ingredients also hardly require any knowledge of baking. A well-known example is the so-called Hermann dough, which triggered a real trend in the 1990s.
The Hermann is suitable as a basis for many cake and bread recipes. The basic recipe is quick and easy and can be supplemented and expanded as required.
Preheating the oven: almost everyone makes this mistake
Prepare Hermann dough - this is how it works
To copy the dough approach, you need:
- 100 g of wheat flour
- 2 level teaspoons of dry yeast
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 150 ml of lukewarm water
- Bowl made of glass or plastic with a lid, or a swivel glass with a capacity of around 1.5-2 liters
First mix the dry ingredients, then add the water and stir the mixture into a smooth batter. Then let it stand at room temperature for about two days. The dough is ready as soon as it smells slightly of alcohol. If the smell is more reminiscent of vinegar, it is spoiled.
Important: Place the lid of the bowl or the clasp glass loosely on it so that the excess pressure can escape. Otherwise there is a risk that the container will burst. Also, make sure that the dough does not come into contact with metals, as the nature of the metal attacks the cultures that are important for the formation of the dough.
If the dough has rested for two days at room temperature, the dough must be stored in the refrigerator from now on. Then follow the instructions below:
- Day 1: Let rest
- Day 2 - 4: Stirring
- 5th day: Feed with 100 g wheat flour, 150 g sugar and 150 ml milk. Then stir well.
- Day 6 - 9: Stirring
- Day 10: Feed with 100 g wheat flour, 150 g sugar and 150 ml milk. Then stir well.
On the 10th day the dough is finally ready and can be used for baking. Alternatively, the Hermann can also be given away or maintained. Make sure, however, that you have around 200g left over when you continue to care for it, so that it has a sufficient basis to multiply. Then just start over from day 1.
More articles from this area
The most popular CHIP news
- South African ladies WhatsApp number India
- What measuring instruments do computer engineers use
- Penhow Ward St Woolos Primary
- How do I create a powerful virus with the editor
- How to make sf private server
- What does it mean to buffle someone
- Where's Tera Barz Jacksonville
- When does the Col de la Bonette open?
- Where does Mary Bubala Live Flight come from
- How to make pandora softmod ps2 battery
- Howard Rotavator for Young Animal
- Mussel meat for wholesale sale
- Who invented the ks2 lightbulb
- Java WhatsApp for Nokia x2-02 Mic possibilities
- Proofing frozen croissants wholesale
- Howard nind nasuwt pay
- Who makes gmb warehouse korea
- What is fohatic energy
- How to unblock someone in minibash
- Doctor who see s06e01 online
- Howie Dorough and James Hoke Dorough
- Wholesale vases middle pieces nyc
- What does Woc Insurance
- Tove vigeland sling earrings wholesale