What's going on when you're doing commercials
What happens if your computer keeps shutting itself down [MiniTool]
Unexpected shutdown or restart is not an uncommon situation; it occurs now and then on various devices including computers. Many reasons should be responsible for the random computer shutdown: heat problem, hardware failure, operating system problem, etc. While it is very annoying when the computer keeps shutting down, you shouldn't worry too much as there are several solutions to this.
It makes you feel very depressed when the computer turns off out of the blue while you are working on it or studying, don't you? This is understandable as there are many factors that can cause the computer to randomly shut down. As long as the computer can restart successfully, this is not a problem.
- In most cases, nothing will change if the computer randomly shuts down.
- Even if your settings have changed or files are lost after an accidental shutdown, you can still solve the problem.
Not sure how to retrieve deleted files on PC? The following content will show you how to get them back from devices in different situations.
Nonetheless, things get more complicated and terrible when you find that one Computer or laptop keeps shutting down; there must be some serious problems on the pc. So people will ask:
- Why does my computer turn off by itself?
- How can I prevent my computer from turning off automatically?
- How do I fix my computer turning on and off repeatedly?
- Such things.
All of these questions are answered in turn in the following content. You will also receive step-by-step instructions on how to use the MiniTool software to recover data from the problematic computer (and even from the broken computer).
Top 5 reasons why a computer keeps shutting down
Many people said that they felt annoyed by the situation or had met it before: the computer randomly shuts down or the laptop randomly turns off. You have a question on your mind: Why does my computer keep shutting down? Let's take a look at that.
#1. Power supply problem
First of all, you should check the power supply: whether it is well connected and whether the supply is stable. A faulty power adapter, battery, or charger can cause your computer to malfunction and even shut down. You will also find that the computer keeps turning itself off when the charger does not have enough voltage.
Then check the following things.
# 2. Overheating
Most computers on the market today are designed to shut down unsigned when internal components overheat. Although there are heat sinks and fans that help cool the CPU (Central Processing Unit), it still sometimes overheats, resulting in an unexpected shutdown of the computer / laptop. You should suspect overheating if your PC accidentally turns off after a long period of work (playing computer games or editing / watching videos).
# 3. Hardware failure
Another common cause of computers turning off randomly is hardware failure. It can happen that the PC randomly shuts down if one of the hardware components suddenly fails. In this case, you should look for hardware failures.
There are two ways to check for hardware errors:
- Remove the non-essential hardware (one at a time) while the PC is switched off -> restart the PC for diagnosis.
- Open Device Manager -> look for a special marker that shows the error.
When you find the faulty component, please replace it with a new one that should be compatible with your computer.
# 4. Virus and malware
Computer viruses and malware are another common factor responsible for turning the computer on and off. Viruses, malware, trojan horses, and worms are developed by malicious individuals to attack other people's devices, including computers. Some of them are programmed to shut down your system under certain conditions once your computer is infected. (Please use Windows Defender or third party software to protect your PC).
You should suspect that your computer is being attacked by a virus or malware if it shuts down when you run a certain program / tool at certain times (e.g. your laptop keeps shutting down on startup). On this occasion, you should immediately delete the virus with a powerful antivirus program. But don't forget something else - data recovery after a virus attack.
We are happy to provide solutions to users to help them quickly and safely recover files that have been deleted by virus attacks.
# 5. Operating system error
Many operating system errors can cause the computer to shut down randomly. Some serious problems can even prevent your computer from turning on again (e.g. operating system not found). This part lists some of the most common errors (the list is in random order).
Error 1: quick start
The quick start function was developed to reduce the time the computer takes to start up after a shutdown. Your user account will be logged out and the applications will be closed as usual if the quick start function is activated. The function helps to save the current system state in the hibernation file so that the system does not have to reload the kernel, system files and drivers. This will reduce the boot time.
However, it can lead to an unstable system - your computer turns itself off, that's one of the phenomena. In such circumstances, you should try to disable this feature.
Please deactivate the quick start if your computer accidentally shuts down Windows 10 (the step-by-step instructions will be given later).
Error 2: Problem with the device drivers
Also, if any of the device drivers are incompatible, out of date, damaged, or missing, you will find the computer shut down without warning. That reason is a driver crash. What you should do at this point is try to identify the problematic driver and fix the error.
You can open Device Manager to look and see if there is a yellow warning label in front of the devices (the yellow warning label indicates an unknown device). If so, please correct the problem by updating the driver.
Error 3: Operating system installation damaged
It causes the computer to shut down again and again when there are problems at the operating system level.
How to check this:
- Restart your computer after it shuts down.
- Press the appropriate key to enter the BIOS setup.
- After entering the BIOS setup, leave the computer alone for a while.
- If the computer does not shut down, it indicates that your operating system installation is damaged or corrupt; if it still shuts down, you should suspect a hardware problem.
In the first case, you should restore your system to an earlier point where the random computer shutdown did not occur (you can also try resetting the computer or reinstalling the system from scratch); while in the second case, you can consider locating the problematic hardware component and repairing / replacing it.
Error 4: Sleep mode malfunction
The Sleep moderefers to a power-saving state of the device. When it is activated on the computer, all actions will be stopped and all open files, programs and applications will be written to the memory so that it can access the power saving mode. You can wake a computer from sleep in a matter of seconds.
However, when sleep mode does not work properly it will result in random shutdowns. You can try to fix this problem by turning off sleep mode.
Error 5: Out of date BIOS
If you find the computer turning on and off and this phenomenon keeps popping up, the cause could be in your BIOS - it may be out of date (damaged or corrupt). Therefore, you should seek professional help in updating the BIOS.
Other problems you may encounter:
- UPS or surge protection problem
- Overclocked CPU or GPU
- Windows registry problems
- Corrupted or missing system files
What is a Deadly System Error & How to Fix it on Windows?
Click to tweet
Solution if the computer randomly turns off
If your computer happens to shut down, you should try to find out the possible causes by reading the previous part. After that, you can take appropriate action to fix the problem.
Bonus tip: save your data
Your first reaction after discovering that the computer accidentally turned off must be to try to turn the computer back on. Most of the time this also works; however, some people discover a problem caused by the unexpected shutdown - some of their data is lost. This is not an unusual situation! With that in mind, I feel it is necessary to provide you with this step-by-step guide on data recovery.
How to Recover Data from Your Computer
Step 1: Get a reliable data recovery tool.
There are many data recovery tools available to you; You can easily get one after doing a search on Google Chrome or any other browser. For security reasons, you shouldn't casually choose to do this; it is recommended that you purchase a reliable data recovery tool from a secure website or link.
MiniTool Power Data Recovery is worth a try; it is perfectly clean and powerful and will not do any harm to your computer. You can download the trial version for free to see how powerful the program is.
step 2: Install the tool properly and start it.
- Double-click the executable file to open a setup wizard.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to install the software step by step.
- In the final step, select Start MiniTool Power Data Recovery and then click Finish.
- The software will open automatically. (You can also click the icon to start the software manually).
step 3: Restore required data with the help of the tool.
- Select the option This pc from the left pane to restore lost files on PC.
- Specify the partition that contains the lost data.
- Double click the partition or click the button to scanto start a full scan.
- During the scan, browse through the found items to select the files you want to recover (add a check mark in front of the files).
- Click the button to save and specify a location to save the recovered data.
- Click the button OKto confirm your choice, then wait for the restore to complete.
You can take a look at the recovered files when a window opens indicating that the selected files have been saved in the specified location.
Can I still recover data if my computer fails to start successfully after an accidental shutdown? Yes, of course.
Here's how to recover data from a hard drive without an operating system.
Tip 1: check hardware status
You should first check the power connection, ventilation, fan, temperature, and other hardware components to make sure they are working well and cleanly.
Tip 2: switch off quick start
- Open the Windows search function by pressing Windows + S on the keyboard.
- Give Control panel and then select it from the search result (you can also Enter to press).
- Choose Big symbols or Small symbols from the View Through drop-down menu in the upper right corner.
- Choose Power options from the list.
- To the left of the Power Options window, click Select the function of the on / off switch out.
- In the System Settings window that opens, you will find the options including Enable quick start under Shutdown settings are grayed out and cannot be changed.
- Click on the link Change settings that are currently unavailable.
- Uncheck the box Enable quick start (recommended) and click the button save Changes.
Tip 3: update drivers
- Search the internet and download the drivers for the unknown device.
- Right-click this device in Device Manager.
- Choose Update driver or Update driver software (depending on your system version) from the pop-up menu.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to complete the manual driver update.
Tip 4: reset your computer
- Press Windows + Ito open Settings.
- Choose Update & security.
- Switch to the option Restoration in the left pane.
- In the right pane under Reset this PC, click the button Get started.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete resetting your PC.
Tip 5: use system restore points
This method is useful on the condition that System Restore has been enabled in advance.
- Open the Control panel.
- Display the items with small / large icons.
- click on Restoration.
- Choose Configure system recovery.
- On the System Protection tab, click the button system recovery.
- Follow the wizard to restore Windows to a previous system restore point.
How can you get the most out of System Restore?
If that failed, you can try to resolve the problem by updating your system or properly reinstalling the operating system (such as doing a clean install).
Tip 6: turn off sleep mode
- Settings to open.
- Choose system.
- In the left sidebar, switch to the option Network operation & save energy.
- Choose Never under screen and power saving mode on the right.
Tip 7: update BIOS
Please do not try this method if you cannot ensure that you are using a professional approach.
- Go to the manufacturer's website.
- Find and download the latest BIOS version for your PC.
- Save the compressed file on an external device.
- Boot your PC and press a key to enter the BIOS.
- Select the file to update the BIOS.
- Wait for the update process to complete.
How to fix if the PC won't start after updating the BIOS?
Tip 8: check the hard drive
- Open the Windows search.
- cmd enter.
- Right click on command prompt.
- Choose Execute as administrator.
- Give wmic diskdrive get status and press Enter.
- Wait for the process to end.
How can files be restored on PC using CMD?
You can still run SFC (System File Checker) and Troubleshooter as these can fix most software problems.
Click to tweet
Your computer keeps shutting down? If you experience this, don't worry too much. You are not alone; it is a common problem that many people suffer from or have experienced before. Most importantly, you need to keep calm and not panic and try to find out the reasons for the computer shutdown. After that, you should follow the tips above and try to fix the problem yourself.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
She joined the MiniTool family in 2018. After that, she focuses on data recovery and disk management. Over the two years she has written many good posts and helped users get out of their data recovery and computer management problems.
In addition to knowledge of computer tricks, she is also interested in foreign languages, especially Japanese and Korean. She also likes animated films and feature films very much. "Good morning ... Oh, and if we don't see each other, good afternoon, good evening and good night!" Is her favorite movie quote.
- Tarocco Hotel Soaps and Shampoos Wholesale
- Blood vessels burst when vomiting is dangerous
- Wholesale fishing equipment outlet Netherlands
- Never trust a person who hates catskills
- Jimmy Buffett 5 p.m. live mail somewhere
- Sharp pain in the lower leg when kneeling
- How to calculate the grade point average mcmaster
- What does semi-educated meaning mean
- Chalchaleros discografia completea descargar whatsapp
- How to revive dried out permanent markers
- Schneider symmars 150 mm howitzer
- Bivona pediatric tracheotomy for cuffs
- How insensitive to Pat Martin consciousness
- Folding board ironing Howard storage Singapore
- How to reset knox counter s5 audi
- Gta v where to get a boat trailer
- How to Skip Mass Effect 2 Intro
- How to incorrectly correct cmos settings
- What do Calvinists believe in Yahoo Calendar
- What is Type 111 Acromion
- How to prune Euryops Bluemill Tree
- Which is better warrior or guard GW2
- Debellare Superbus Parcere subject is what
- Jeffrey willett from howell nj