Marlee matlin seinfeld follow where elaine
Marlee Beth Matlin (Born August 24, 1965 in Morton Grove, Illinois) is an American actress. The deaf actress won an Oscar for best leading actress in 1987 God's forgotten children awarded.
Table of Contents
Marlee Matlin has been almost completely deaf since early childhood. However, she was not discouraged by this and already played Dorothy in as a 7-year-old The Wizard of Oz in a children's theater. For her film debut in God's forgotten children she received the Golden Globe and the Oscar in 1987.
Between 1991 and 1993 Marlee Matlin worked in the crime series The Prosecutor and the Cop (Reasonable Doubts) as public prosecutor Tess Kaufmann. The series was broadcast over two seasons on German television at VOX. In 1993, Matlin took on the role of the dancing thief Laurie Bey in Picket Fences - Crime scene garden fence, which initially only played a brief guest role in the 2nd season of the series, but was expanded to a permanent role in the course of the 3rd season. In 2004 she starred as Amanda in What the bleep do we (k) now !? Matlin starred in season five of the series His field in episode 6 Lip reading a deaf linesman who goes out with the protagonist. In the series My name is Earl plays Matlin in Season 2, Joy's lawyer.
Marlee Matlin has been married to a police officer since 1993 and has four children. She published the children's book in 2002 Deaf Child Crossing and is involved in charitable organizations, especially for the support of children with AIDS and for the American Red Cross.
Matlin has been friends with Jennifer Beals since 1983. As Matlin, the role of Jodi Lerner in the lesbian seriesThe L Word - When women love women was offered, she initially wanted to decline because she was supposed to play the new friend of Beal's character Bette Porter and was afraid of intimate scenes with her friend. After talking to Beals, she finally accepted the role.
In the episode The Blind Side of the tenth season of the American animated series Family guy, which was first broadcast on January 15, 2012 on Fox, Marlee Matlin lent a deaf character ("Stella") her voice.
In 2016, she translated the American national anthem, sung by Lady Gaga, into sign language at Super Bowl 50.
- 1986: God's Forgotten Children(Children of a Lesser God)
- 1987: Walker
- 1989: Bridge to Silence (Bridge to Silence)
- 1991: Dead Face - Fists of Violence (L’homme au masque d’or)
- 1991–1993: The Public Prosecutor and the Cop (Reasonable Doubts, TV series, 44 episodes)
- 1993: The silent cry of fear
- 1993–1996: Picket Fences - Tatort garden fence (Picket fences, TV series, 13 episodes)
- 1995: Outer Limits - The Unknown Dimension (The outer limits, TV series, one episode)
- 1997: Dead Silence (Dead Silence)
- 1998: Justice to the Dead (When Justice Fails)
- 1999: Welcome to Freak City (Freak City, TV movie)
- 2000–2006: The West Wing - In the center of power (The West Wing, TV series, 17 episodes)
- 2004: What the Bleep do we (k) now !?(What the Bleep Do We Know !?)
- 2004–2005: Law & Order: Special Victims Unit (TV series)
- 2005: Desperate Housewives (TV series, one episode)
- 2006: CSI: NY (TV series, one episode)
- 2007: Baby Einstein: My First Signs (short film)
- 2007–2009: The L Word - When Women Love Women (The L Word, TV series, 29 episodes)
- 2007–2009: My Name Is Earl (TV series, 3 episodes)
- 2008: Nip / Tuck - Beauty Has Its Price (TV series, one episode)
- 2008: Sweet Nothing in My Ear
- 2011-2017: Switched at Birth (TV series, 46 episodes)
- 2013: Home Invasion - This house is mine(Foreclosed)
- 2014: Professor Love(Some Kind of Beautiful)
- 2017-2018: The Magicians (TV series, 8 episodes)
- 2018: Quantico (TV series, 13 episodes)
- 2019: Limetown (web series, 3 episodes)
- 1986 - Utah Film Critics Association Awards: Best Actress in God's forgotten children
- 1987 Academy Awards: Best Actress in God's forgotten children
- 1987 - Gallaudet University Awards
- 1987 Golden Globe Awards: Best Actress - Drama in God's forgotten children
- 1988 - Jefferson Awards
- 2009 - Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame
- ↑ Marlene Matlin: I'll scream later. Simon and Schuster, 2009, ISBN 978-1-4391-1763-7, pp. 21-22 (In her autobiography she suspects a genetic cause for the hearing loss at the age of 18 months.).
Categories:Film actor | Oscar winner | Golden Globe Prize Winner | Person (Sign Language) | Americans | Born 1965 | Mrs
Status of information: 02/23/2021 8:47:23 AM CET
Source: Wikipedia (authors [version history]) License: CC-by-sa-3.0
Changes: All images and most of the design elements associated with them have been removed. Some of the icons have been replaced by FontAwesome icons. Some templates have been removed (such as "Article worth reading", "Excellent article") or rewritten. Most of the CSS classes have been removed or standardized.
Wikipedia-specific links that do not lead to articles or categories (such as "Redlink", "Edit links", "Portal links") have been removed. All external links have an additional FontAwesome icon. In addition to other small design adjustments, media containers, maps, navigation boxes, spoken versions and geo-microformats have been removed.
Important NOTE Since the given content was automatically taken over from Wikipedia at the specified time, manual checking was and is not possible. LinkFang.org therefore does not guarantee the correctness and topicality of the content taken over. If the information is incorrect in the meantime or there are errors in the presentation, we ask you to contact us by: E-Mail.
- Sheldon wood for my sheep what a game
- How to reverse karcher k2 terrace cleaner
- Talwar dance in Hyderabad where Lazer is
- The GMC engine stops when a car is stopped
- McDonalds radio commercials what happened was
- What is the definition of EETC funding
- WhatsApp clone Codecanyon app
- Disaster recovery for the replacement of the entire system
- How did Dario Gonzatti die of consumption
- Vibactra plus tying instructions
- Tincture thc how to use
- How many syncrons in mint polos
- What happened to Vesta Chicken Curry
- Wholesaler for birdseed
- How to style perm types of dogs
- What is Swyd on Instagram
- What is pinch of ceramics
- Musandam Dhow Cruise Dubai Promotion
- How quickly does Pitocin make you expand
- Who I am that's me nasheed
- Laura zuchowski uscis home
- What does the Korean word hyung mean
- How to grow star apple tree
- Intel HD Graphics 4600 how many GB