How wind energy works pdf
How does a wind turbine work
- Wind & Energy
- How does a wind turbine work
The kinetic energy becomes electrical energy.
Put simply, a wind turbine takes energy from the blowing wind via the rotor. The wind sets the rotor in rotation - the "rotary energy" is then converted into electricity with the help of a generator, similar to a bicycle dynamo. From there, the electrical energy goes into the power grid. The height of the system is very important. The larger the system, the more evenly the wind blows and the more electricity can be generated.
Larger plants - more efficient wind yield
In the lower layers close to the ground, the air is very turbulent, also because of the many obstacles (houses, trees, ...). That is why wind turbines are built as high as possible, because further up the wind blows constantly and evenly. With every meter that a wind turbine is built higher, the electricity yield increases by 1%. With a doubling of the wing length, the yield increases four times. Twice the wind speed generates eight times the yield.
Although wind turbines are high-tech products, production and construction are now possible in the shortest possible time - with low energy consumption. The energy required for the production and construction of a system is generated by the wind turbine itself within 4-6 months.
Types of windmills
Basically two different types of windmills have prevailed today. Similar to cars, where the technology of the diesel and gasoline engine coexist, there are also two different technical approaches for wind turbines.
Here the generator sits right on the rotor. It turns as fast as the rotor and must therefore be very large. Similar to a bicycle dynamo, it generates electrical current from the rotational movement.
System with gear
In a system with a gearbox, the gearbox sits between the rotor and the generator. As a result, the generator can be smaller and it rotates faster than the rotor - and up to 100 times as fast.
BWE: Technology and functionality of modern wind turbines
WilderWind: Easy explanation of wind turbines for children
- Whatever it takes watches
- Chow reg stata 12
- Linq where not in another table
- Who is Hussain Merchandise Liquidators
- Mess child criminal what mcnair did
- How does a car loan work in Malaysia
- Obituaries for the Chowchilla California newspaper
- Otto Telschow Gauleiter Eigruber
- Where is Blackmoor England
- Who Is Lorcia Cooper Married Too Early
- Silver light salmon where they come from
- Who makes bluetooth adapter prdrx01 wireless
- E6 tetenale instructions for binding
- Princess, what is her namescript
- Virtual villagers 2 how to breed worms
- Who is the Houston rapper with aids
- What if Tybalt and Mercutio fight
- April fool status in Punjabi for WhatsApp
- Mi dia de suerte dalmata flowhot reggaeton
- Azadi Chowk underground path
- Whatever it takes House Soundtrack Miner
- Oh how I love Jesus lyrics Lakewood
- How to use rcon arma 3 wiki
- Krzysztof stachowicz olecko warminsko-mazurskie