What does ffk stand for
Sponsors in June Bavarian Construction Industry Association
It was sometime in the years 1923 to 1925, but in any case well before the official opening of the museum on the Isar Island on May 7th, 1925. Despite all the efforts, the finishing touches were missing for the magnificent interior, that certain something. Oskar von Miller had the exhibition rooms set up, the paintings hung, in short everything finished to the point where the house could have been handed over to the public at any time - with a very important, deliberately staged and clearly eye-catching flaw. Then he invited the gentlemen from the construction industry to take a tour of the museum for the first time. There was no end to enthusiasm and praise, but when you entered the aviation hall and below the shipping department, there was general consternation. The pillars in the otherwise luxuriously furnished rooms were bare, bare concrete. What the visitors didn't know: Germany's top fund collector had deliberately left them poor and unfinished. The message was clear: after all the effort, the prestigious national project had finally run out of money, and that would not throw a good light on the construction companies either. One can well imagine Miller's bushy eyebrows contracting in worry. No wonder that the assembled gentlemen understood the hint with the fence post. Immediately they sent splendid marble to be disguised.
And even before that, the big construction companies were the backbone of the ambitious project, as their generous donations made the construction on the Isar island possible in the first place. They had already given Miller and his company 60,000 cubic meters of sand and gravel, 400 railway wagons with lime and 1,700 wagons with cement as a matter of course, the Reichsbahn proved to be no less generous and granted free freight on all transports through the various parts of the country. But that's not all: 3 million kilograms of iron, 7 million kilograms of bricks and 33,000 running meters of cast iron pipes were also donated, most of which are still stuck in the walls of the old house today and which were subject to a laborious general renovation in the next few years as part of the future initiative become.
Imagine that today's founding members of the future initiative - in this case the Bavarian Construction Industry Association - would not just deliver a few million euros, but freight wagons full of building materials, generously transported free of charge by Deutsche Bahn, for the general renovation of the museum on the Isar Island. That would be a spectacle!
Even if the Deutsches Museum is in need of renovation in many areas today, it should not be forgotten that pioneering technologies were used in the original construction at the time. Even if the main museum building is neoclassical, it is very modern. Unlike Venice, which was built using traditional wooden post construction, it stands on concrete piles in the river bed, and the library building, which opened in 1932, was the largest reinforced concrete structure in Europe at the time. The future initiative and its founders are once again striving to bring the museum up to date with the latest technology, design and presentation, and the Bavarian Building Industry Association is exactly the right partner for this.
- Keegan Tamil meaning like
- Piotr staruchowicz staruch wikipedia for free
- How to build a longboard with maple
- What does lmb schienen stand for
- Marianne Penta, when love takes over lyric
- Folding board ironing Howard storage Singapore
- How to save custom functions Excel
- How to unsubscribe from WAP services in bsnl
- The guy who camps the big mishaps
- What is a floxed allele definition
- Witcher 2 How do critical effects work
- Wholesale machine embroidery baby blanks
- How to use x block ruler
- Sana bucha married to whom
- Diproson ointment 50g is like many ounces
- What does Deus Juvat mean
- Howdah pistol for sale Ukraine
- Harford County Snow Plow Tracker Howard
- 0x6ba Outlook everywhere requirements
- Toes that shift when you swim in the pools
- Eleaf istick 30w how to lock
- Howard Shelanski FTC complaint
- Prince Ali Howard Ashman taking texts
- So that pambata wholesale fabric