How to Make Midi Map Resolume Tutorial
Numark Orbit - Setup in Resolume VDJ software
The Numark Orbit is a wireless MIDI controller that allows the control of any software that accepts general MIDI information. This guide covers loading a specific Resolume mapping file into the Numark Orbit and the Resolume Arena software. There are detailed steps to mapping the accelerometer to the desired video or audio effect.
Table of Contents
- Before We Begin
- Getting started
- Configuring Resolume MIDI Settings
- Loading a Resolume Composition
- Orbit Mapping Explained
- Controlling Video Effects with Accelerometer
- Creating Custom MIDI Map
- Further technical assistance
Before We Begin
Download the necessary content for this tutorial here.
- Connect your Numark Orbit to your computer by plugging in the included USB dongle receiver and power on your Orbit.
- Open the Numark Editor. Click File then Open.
- Choose the Numark Orbit Resolume mapping file. Click Open.
- The preset mapping file is now loaded into the software. Click Send in the bottom of the Orbit Editor software. You should see file send success when completed.
- Click File then Exit to close the software.
Configuring Resolume MIDI Settings
- Open the Resolume software.
- Choose arena and then Preferences.
- Select the MIDI tab. Turn on the MIDI input of the Numark Orbit.
- Look at the bottom of this window. Click Load.
- Choose the ResolumeOrbitMapping file provided in this tutorial. Click Open.
- Once this is completed, click the Red X to close the window.
Loading a Resolume Composition
- Choose Composition and then Open.
- Choose your Compositions folder.
- Select the premade Resolume orbit composition included with this tutorial.
Orbit Mapping Explained
- Yellow - Selects Columns 1-6
- Green - Engage Track 1-3
- orange - Mute track
- Purple - Tap Tempo -
- White - Half / double tempo
- Red - Record
- Control wheel - CrossFader
- Select column 1 by pressing the first yellow pad. There are 9 yellow pads for each of the 9 columns.
- The three green pads indicate layers 1 - 3. Select a layer by pressing the associated pad.
- The Purple pad is assigned to Tap Tempo. This allows the syncing of effects to the BPM of an external audio source. The White LEDs will cut in half or double the BPM.
- The Red pad initiates the record mode. When you are finished recording your video, press the red pad again to stop the recording.
- The Left and Right accelerometer is assigned to color effects in this project. See "Creating Custom MIDI Map" to assign new desired parameters to the Orbit's accelerometer.
- The center control wheel is used to control the crossfader. All clips can be designated to be on Deck A or B or both
Controlling Video Effects with the Accelerometer
- Using the Numark Orbit, press the first yellow pad to launch Column 1. This loads all clips in column 1 into the output display.
- Press the 2nd Green pad to select Layer 2.
- Use the Left or Right accelerometer triggers to control the assigned video effects.
- Select the 1st Green pad to select Layer 1. You now have control of that layers video effects when using the left and right accelerometer buttons.
- Try launching clips from Column 2 and so on.
Using the tap tempo
- Right Click to the left of a parameter. Choose BPM sync.
- Using the Purple Pad on your Orbit, tap the tempo of the song. The effect will now be synced to the tempo of the music.
Creating Custom MIDI Map
- Select arena from the toolbar, and then click Preferences.
- Select the MIDI tab. Choose New. Name your new MIDI Map and then click Save.
- Select Mapping from the upper toolbar. Choose Edit Application MIDI Map.
- All mappable parameters are displayed in yellow. With your mouse, click on a parameter.
- Press the left or right accelerometer. You will see that control value displayed in the yellow area. It is also recommended to use the control wheel for effects.
- Continue to do this with as many different parameters you like. The fun is experimenting with how effects interact with each other.
- When this is complete, select the Mapping tab from the upper toolbar. SelectEdit Application MIDI Map to disengage MIDI mapping.
Warranty Information and Technical Support
Whether you are a customer or dealer, if you already own a Numark product, or if you just have pre-sales questions, the Numark technical support team is available to help!
Visit the link below to connect with any of the following support options: online community support, phone support, email support.
Numark Support Contact
- How To Make Gunkan Maki Sushi Peabody
- How to relocate a dislocated shoulder in a dog
- Ubuntu 12.04 how to disable compiz
- Tikamgarh district profile of Sindhupalchowk
- Starting phase in an economy means something
- What does puritanical modesty mean
- Alphacrypt one4all how to fundamentally
- How to heat roast duck in the oven
- How old ruffa gutierrez
- English everywhere Alberto Alonso Epub
- What an avant-garde clan are you
- What good is Bevispas tablets for Christmas
- How to sign leisure activities in asl
- What does lo viste mean in English
- What color is Dexron II atf
- Princess, what is her namescript
- What does uninterrupted person mean
- Places in Kerala WhatsApp Puzzle Love
- The maid who sold her barley deviantart
- Tom Milsom and who is Olga
- Whoever controls the media controls reality
- Antoni Manuel Guertel wholesale
- Imagenes de humor picante para whatsapp mensajes
- How to reset the rcom mini 12v incubator
- Where is Goshen Egypt today
- What is amortiser winding
- Asg trackers switch when things go
- What are Apud cells
- Christopher whatley bendigo shafter
- How much does zazzle shipping cost
- Jacek wierzchowski szczecin praca
- What is hot flashes meaning in Hindi
- How will the game of thrones end the quora
- What does selfish mean