WhatsApp stuff 18 months
Updates & News: WhatsApp for companies
WhatsApp Business Update: In this post we regularly compile the current WhatsApp for Business Updates as well as planned features for app versions on Android and iOS. We also present possibilities and evaluate their relevance for companies that use WhatsApp Business App or WhatsApp Business API.
Live blog: As soon as there are updates or new information about WhatsApp Business, new app versions or features for companies, we will update this post.
Straight to the WhatsApp Business Updates 2021
Straight to the WhatsApp Business Updates 2020
Straight to the WhatsApp Updates 2019
For further reading
Place advertising directly via the WhatsApp Business App - May 2nd, 2021
Place Facebook and Instagram advertising directly in WhatsApp
Companies will soon be able to advertise using the WhatsApp Business App.
Facebook would like to offer companies that use WhatsApp Business a new way to place ads. Previously, ads could only be placed with the help of Click to Chat via the Facebook ad manager. Now this functionality is to be integrated directly into the WhatsApp Business App. This function is currently not provided for the WhatsApp Business API.
💡 You can find the details under "Switch advertising (Facebook & Instagram Ads) directly from WhatsApp Business"
👉 You can find out more about the WhatsApp GTC adjustments 2021 here
WhatsApp GTC changes - Update January 7th, 2021
WhatsApp terms and conditions adjustments: Very little changes for private communication!
For the new year WhatsApp has updated its terms and conditions of the messaging app. With the consent, the user now grants, among other things, that certain data can also be shared with Facebook companies and Facebook service providers in order to connect WhatsApp with other products from Facebook companies; to ensure the security and integrity of all products from Facebook companies and to improve the advertising and product experience with regard to products from Facebook companies.
This exchange of metadata is not new and does not affect users within the EU, which WhatsApp explicitly confirms to the media:
WhatsApp Business Terms and Conditions - this is really changing!
In an FAQ post, WhatsApp explains the changes to the terms and conditions and the effects on companies. The GTC changes primarily affect the expanded WhatsApp offering for companies. The change in WhatsApp's terms and conditions is intended to ensure security. Specifically, it is about the Facebook hosting service, the new options such as shops and shopping baskets and how users communicate with companies via WhatsApp.
You can find out more about the WhatsApp GTC adjustments 2021 here.
Catalog & Shopping Cart WhatsApp Business App Update December 08, 2020
WhatsApp Business App with catalog & shopping carts
Users of the WhatsApp Business app can now easily present their products and services and share them with customers by using a Catalog create.
Each product or service in the catalog has a unique title and optional fields such as price, a description, a link to the website and a product code. This allows customers to easily identify products in the catalog. Business owners can upload a maximum of 500 products or services to their catalog.
Here is a video that explains it quite well:
In addition, WhatsApp now offers the function "Shopping carts" at. Shopping carts are great for communicating with businesses that typically sell multiple items at once, such as a local restaurant or clothing store. Shopping carts allow customers to browse a catalog, select multiple products, and send the order to the company as a single message. This makes it easier for companies to track orders, manage customer inquiries and close sales.
These functions are only available in the WhatsApp Business app. MessengerPeople customers simply use our Chatbot Builder for these functions.
Facebook Messenger, Instagram and WhatsApp Update November 30, 2020
Facebook buys “Kustomer” for a billion dollars
Facebook has the takeover of Customer announced an omni-channel software in WhatsApp, Facebook and Instagram Messenger. The management tool Kustomer provides CRM and chatbots that automatically answer customer inquiries via messenger. 👉 Egg appraisal and more details!
WhatsApp Payment Update November 06, 2020
WhatsApp Pay starts in India!
After the on - off with WhatsApp Payment in Brazil, WhatsApp is now starting its payment function in India. A blog article states: “As of today, people all over India can send money via WhatsApp. This secure payment method makes transferring money as easy as sending a message. "
This is made possible by the partnership with the National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) and using the Unified Payment Interface (UPI).
More on this in our update article: WhatsApp Pay & Mobile Payment: News, statistics and developments
WhatsApp Update November 05, 2020
Expiring messages on WhatsApp
WhatsApp brings the self destructing messages in the latest update! "We are happy to give you the opportunity to use running messages on WhatsApp," it says in a blog post. With expiring messages enabled, new messages sent to a chat will disappear after seven days. In a personal chat, each of the two participants can switch running messages on or off. Admins have this option in groups.
What does this mean for companies? So far, the written archiving of customer conversations has always been a great advantage of WhatsApp compared to the telephone hotline. Companies that use professional software through business solution providers such as MessengerPeople continue to have the entire chat in the tool. If the customer deletes the dialog (manually or automatically), the company can still see it! But no longer with the customer.
WhatsApp Business Cost Update November 05, 2020
Does WhatsApp have to be paid for?
WhatsApp brings news for the WhatsApp Business API again. As described in the WhatsApp blog, it is a test in Mexico. The point here is that WhatsApp should no longer be used free of charge for companies but should now also pay for each conversation (e.g. in customer service). Details, prices and updates at: Costs for WhatsApp Business: Will WhatsApp be charged for companies?
WhatsApp Business API Update October 27, 2020
WhatsApp updates terms and conditions for business services
WhatsApp updates the terms and conditions for its business services, such as the WhatsApp Business API. The focus is on the following points:
- Clarification of data erasure practices
- Privacy Shield is being replaced by standard contractual clauses
- Additions to data security conditions to explain how WhatsApp stores data.
This is relevant for our customers because they have accepted the Business Terms of Services. With the establishment of standard contractual clauses instead of Privacy Shield, WhatsApp takes into account the fact that the European Court of Justice (ECJ) had recently ruled that the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield is no longer sufficient to guarantee adequate data protection for a data importer in the USA.
You can find out more about the Privacy Shield in our editorial WhatsApp and data protection in customer communication - Everything you need to know!
WhatsApp Business Update October 23, 2020
WhatsApp payment, shopping and e-commerce
We have written a lot about conversational commerce and WhatsApp. Now it seems like WhatsApp is igniting the next level. In a blog post they describe some exciting innovations as "The future of business messaging":
- Shopping: Customers now have even more opportunities to find out about available products. WhatsApp is now introducing catalogs and shopping baskets. Shopping carts allow customers to browse a catalog, select multiple products, and send the order to the company as a single message. With the start of the rollout of WhatsApp Payment, the entire order and purchase process can be mapped in WhatsApp in the medium term.
- Hosting: We will continue to expand our partnerships with various providers of business solutions in the coming months, thus continuing our two-year collaboration. (Note: MessengerPeople is one of these WhatsApp Business Solution Providers)
- Business customers: In the future, business customers will incur costs for some of the services we offer. This will allow us to further expand our own business model and continue to offer free end-to-end encrypted chats, video calls and voice calls to more than two billion people.
Here we collect all information about WhatsApp Payment and always keep you up to date!
WhatsApp Business API Update October 21, 2020
Human Escalation Paths - WhatsApp chatbots have to pass to human colleagues!
In the course of the October 2020 updates of the WhatsApp Business API, WhatsApp announced the following: Companies that have to automate parts of their customer communication, e.g. via chatbot from 1.11.2020 theEnsure transfer of customers to a human colleague using a WhatsApp bot.
Possible solutions for this are:
- Handover to a human agent in chat
- by specifying a telephone number or email
- via web support or support form
Escalation channels to social media accounts such as Facebook, Facebook Messenger, Twitter, Telegram, etc. are not solutions because they require a login and an account with another service. In addition, indirect channels, such as a help center website or a link to an app, do not meet this requirement either.
WhatsApp regularly checks companies whether they have integrated a human escalation path into their WhatsApp chatbot. Companies that do not have a Human Escalation Path will experience restrictions when sending or receiving messages via the WhatsApp Business API.
💡 Tip: With MessengerPeople's Chatbot Builder, you can quickly and easily create an efficient chatbot that can be handed over to a human colleague.
WhatsApp Update August 26, 2020
WhatsApp buttons soon also for normal chat in WhatsApp Business!
As we reported earlier, WhatsApp Business will soon be introducing WhatsApp Buttons. It has now been announced that these WhatsApp buttons can not only be used in notifications but also in normal 1: 1 chats in customer service.
- How to print out your satellite ticket
- What is a 5 15 report template
- Where does Ethan Gamer TV live
- What is Zinplex SF used for?
- What is lack of capital in accounting
- New map of Shahdara Chowk Lahore
- Doctor, the forum signs pictures
- How to say faggit in Spanish
- Nanami and Tomoe lemon fanfiction where Naruto
- The scene ends somewhere in time
- How to put elastic ligatures in brackets
- Foreman ovirt how to fundamentally
- Doctor Who Fan Fiction Clara Is Dying
- Mansa Panda Bank, where you can get a shop
- Who makes the Fremulon voice
- How Danish officers are chosen by God
- When love ran on the airtime tracker
- Whole pork smoke recipes for chicken
- How to build pickicha mincraft tsmc
- What date was saint Christopher who was born nationwide
- What is the total debt service ratio
- Frappe mix wholesale e
- How to squat on a modern toilet
- Epaulets pilot meaning whatsapp
- How to propagate Begonia boliviensis
- How to change the name of the memory card
- Which bird has the softest feathers?
- How To Clean Pioneer Plasma Screen TV
- How does common law work in Ontario
- How to Make Kapo Chicken
- How to hack the school intranet
- How to make feelings with mint toner paper
- How do x-rays take pictures online
- Using tools to attach shark navigators