Kandari Express Howrah platform novel
Digha is in Southwest Bengal in India.
Digha is one of the most popular vacation destinations in West Bengal, particularly for people from Kolkata. This beach-town is located in the West Bengal-Odisha border and is around 200 km from Kolkata.
Get in 
By bus 
Digha is a 4- to 5-hour's journey by bus from Kolkata.
There are frequent bus services (A / C and mostly non A / C) to Digha from the Esplanade bus stand of Kolkata and many other parts of West Bengal.
There are also regular and frequent services to Digha from the Bus Terminus (Route 6) in the Garia suburb of Kolkata. Buses run 04: 00-08: 30 and there is also an afternoon bus service from the same state transport depot. Service is regular and residents from Jadavpur, Tollygunj, Rajpur, Sonarpur can easily use the good service.
There is a bus service from Kudghat Bus Stand with two buses daily at 06:00 and 08.30. There is also service from Dumdum station. The bus leaves Dumdum at 07:00. 2 buses by CSTC from the bus stand near Ruby General Hospital start at 04:30 and 04:45 daily. There is a bus service from Barrackpore at 06:00 and 07.30. There are also frequent bus services from Howrah with buses leaving every day.
By train 
It is advisable to make reservations in advance for weekends, national holidays and sessions like Durga Puja, Dipavali, Christmas etc ..
For train timings etc. check with Indian Railways.
- Three express trains run daily from Howrah Railway Station at 06.40 (Tamralipta Express), 11:15 (Duronto Express) and 14.40 (Kandari Express) daily. Sometimes special trains are announced on special occasions and holidays. Notices for such trains are to be found on widely circulated newspapers. The return times are 10:25 am, 1:35 pm and 6:20 pm respectively.
- The Howrah- Digha Duronto express (12847) is the most luxurious train for Digha. It offers air-conditioning, catering and comfortable seating at a nominal price of about ₹ 500 / Passenger.
- On Saturdays, The Paharia Express comes from new Jalpaiguri and halts at Howrah. This train is often quite empty and very comfortable to travel on.
- There is a local train from Santragachi (Near Howrah) to Digha. Also there may be some special trains.
- From 1 July 2011, Indian Railways launched 4 special trains from Puri (W 23:35 & Sa 23:35), Malda Town (Sa 08:10), Vishakapatnam (Th 17:50). .
By road 
Traveling to Digha by road has become easier, promoting tourism in Digha and the surrounding beaches of Mandarmoni, Tajpur and Sankarpur. The roads are excellent and one can easily reach Digha from Kolkata in 4 hr of sedate driving.
Route: From Kolkata via Vidyasagar Setu and Kona Expressway take the NH-16 (old NH-6) till Kolaghat -> take a left turn on NH-116 (old NH-41) excellent roads till Nandkumar -> right turn on state highway all the way to Digha, via towns of Contai and Ramnagar.
En route decent toilet facilities and food is available at Ruk Zaraa (Kolaghat), Sher-e-Punjab (Kolaghat), Express Food Plaza (Kolaghat), Sher Bengal (Mecheda) etc.
Get around 
- Cycle vans (commonly known as 'vans') is one of the unique modes of transportation in Digha. These are available everywhere and can be booked for touring around Digha and nearby places.
- Motor vans are used in digha as public transport for touring far places like Mandarmoni, Shankarpur, Chandaneshwar etc.
- Private cars are also available in Digha.
- Cashew nuts: There is a cashew nut farm in Digha so varieties of cashew nuts are available.
- Digha Mohana Fish Market: Buy fresh fish here
- Hand woven mats made of hemp. These mats are called Madur in Bengali and the colorful Madurs of Midnapur District are famous.
- Jewelery made with Hyderabadi Pearls.
- Ornaments and Curios made of sea shells.
The famous 'Hing er Kochuri' is a famous breakfast of Digha. There are many stalls and sweet shops all over digha which offers this delicious breakfast.
There are many cheap "rice hotels" all over Digha, serving cheap, but good quality Bengali dishes. There are some more expensive restaurants where continental food is available. In an average restaurant, a vegetarian meal is available for ₹ 35-45, Bengali fish curry-rice is available for ₹ 25-35. A meal with egg curry rice is available around ₹ 45.
Another great idea would be to just buy the staple vegetarian fare at the hotel you are staying and have it delivered to your room. You can buy fresh fishes like ilish, pomfret, parshe and prawns from Mohona, Digha fish market in the morning and have it cooked at the numerous "Dada-Boudi'r" joints around Sea Hawk. Have this fish with your standard vegetarian lunch or dinner.
In the evening look for fried fish, crabs and prawns on the sea front in Digha.
Those who are fussy about the quality of cooking, have transport at their command and are looking for tasty fish preparations should go and have lunch at Shankarpur, some 14 km away - they prepare the fish much better than at Digha. The quality at Shankarpur is comparable to the Kolkata 5 star but is comparatively cheaper and the fish as fresh as you can demand. The trouble of traveling would be well compensated.
- Alcohol - There are many bars and wine shops in Digha serving all sorts of hard drinks, but the liquor shops close around 7pm. If you want to buy a drink after the shops are closed, some guys in front of the shops will provide alcohol at higher prices (potentially black bargaining).
- Green coconut water, (commonly known as 'Daab') is very cheap here. A single green coconut costs around ₹ 10-20 and the water is sweet and refreshing. The green coconut vendors move with their cycles all along the Sea Beach. There are also green coconut vendors which provide seating facilities near the beach.
|Grade: To avoid the unsavory, corrupt, and thoroughly untrustworthy booking services based in Kolkata, it is best to get a place to stay on arrival without advance reservation.|
Always avoid the hotel agents at the Digha Station as their hotels are situated very far from the beach. It is better to consult the cycle-rickshawallas for better lodging facilities (they take commissions from the hotel guys)
|This guide uses the following price ranges for a standard double room:|
|budget||under ₹ 1,500|
|Mid-range||from ₹ 1,500 to ₹ 3,000|
|Splurge||Over ₹ 4,000|
Stay safe 
- Electric torches or emergency lamps can help in case of temporary power outages, which are frequent during the summer. However, most of the hotels in Digha have their own backup generators, so if you don't bring a torch, you'll probably be fine.
- Mosquito repellent - this is a must for visitors. Most shops in Digha sell repellent.
- Safety at Sea. The sea becomes rough to very rough during high tide, especially during the new and full moon. It is unsafe to swim during high tide. There is a sea wall which protects Old Digha from erosion, and it is also unsafe to cross the wall during high tide. Most of Digha has No swim warnings which you should mind. Always obey the commands of the khaki Coast Guards if you want to swim safely.
Go next 
- Where can I have my PSP renovated?
- How to create window sub-files in as400
- Hiei and Kurama lemon fanfiction where Naruto
- Stroopwafel, how many calories are in chicken
- How to Make a Bunny Cape Minecraft
- What does otoc mean?
- Purina puppy Chow Chloe and Sam actors
- What is brclysbankde on credit report
- How to make a glass dragon eye
- How to remove objects in Photoshop CS4
- Metronidazole alcohol how long after that
- Dekanawida endorses leaders who have changed
- How old is Deann Groen Bayless
- Hydrozol cream for thrush during pregnancy
- What is day 0 in the pharmacovigilance system
- Sjif Impact Factor means something in math
- How to increase network usage to 100
- How do I install Rainlendar Skins
- How to fake an ankle injury
- Where are Thermadyn welders from China made
- Contoh askeb bblr who
- Transaksi Pulsa via WhatsApp Web
- How to display named cells in Excel
- Who sings Peter Pumpkinhead chords
- How did Eli Danko die this week
- How to speak neo-khuzdul
- How to view Blogspot in mobile mode
- Where the boys don't film 12
- Colombianas photos robadas de whatsapp
- Samuel Newhouse Property
- Massa 3200 anti-catabolic 1 kg how many grams
- How to use the Garmin Basecamp tutorial
- How to remember the periodic table in Bengali